Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few small changes.
You can see results without having to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. Even more important than entirely altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you won’t want to eat the old diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beef stew – old recipe recipe. You can cook beef stew – old recipe using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE:
- Use of Beef.
- Use of Onion.
- Prepare of Flour.
- Take of Water.
- Use of Stewed Tomatoes.
- You need of Cut Green Beans.
- Prepare of Stalks of Celery.
- Get of Baby Carrots.
- You need of Potatoes.
- Provide of Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Black Pepper.
- Provide of Garlic Powder.
- Use of Bay Leaves – Optional.
Steps to make BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE:
- Cut the beef length wise with a knife, then slice each piece into bite sized pieces with the scissors. (I use steak or roast).
- Sprinkle beef with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and flour before browning it in cooking oil in a medium high skillet..
- After browning beef, sprinkle lightly with flour again and continue to stir and brown..
- Add one cup water to browned meat and stir. This will make a nice brown gravy base for your stew..
- Chop onion and add to gravy base in skillet. Simmer a minute or two. No need to fully cook onion at this point. Then pour into large crockpot..
- Add the undrained tomatoes and undrained green beans to the crockpot..
- Cut baby carrots lengthwise in half. The bigger ones can be quartered lengthwise..
- Slice celery into small bite sized pieces and add to crockpot..
- Choose 3 large potatoes for the stew. (Baker Size) Quarter potatoes lengthwise, save two quarters back, and then slice the rest into normal bite sized pieces. Add to crockpot..
- Cut saved quarters of potatoes into tiny pieces..
- Add last bit of potatoes to crockpot. Then season stew with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and worcestershire sauce and stir well..
- Add 2 Cups of Water to crockpot and stir stew again. Let cook on high crockpot setting for 4 1/2 hours to 5 hours. Cooking time really depends on how you like your vegetables cooked..
Nothing speaks comfort like an old-fashioned beef stew on a chilly evening. The classic beef stew recipe almost always shares these same common features: Beef that is seared for ultimate flavor and slow-simmered with carrots, celery and potatoes in a rich sauce seasoned with herbs and red wine. This Old Fashioned Beef Stew is pure comfort in a bowl with tender beef, hearty vegetables, and all the right herbs and spices—it's the best! Lastly, you will add in a slurry that will thicken the stew. This is an easy recipe and it is full of aromatic herbs and hearty texture.
If you find this BEEF STEW – OLD RECIPE recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.