Apple Cinnamon Braid.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, apple cinnamon braid. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Apple Cinnamon Braid is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Apple Cinnamon Braid is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have apple cinnamon braid using 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Apple Cinnamon Braid:
- Prepare of Apple Filling.
- Get 4 medium of Honey Crisp Apple's.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Get 2 1/2 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get of Dough Braid.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- Get 4 of drops red food coloring.
- Make ready 2 1/4 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Make ready of Glaze.
- Get 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Take 2 tbsp of milk.
- Get 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get 1/2 cup of ground nuts (optional).
Steps to make Apple Cinnamon Braid:
- You will need:.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the apple's, cut in half and de-seed. Then cut into small pieces..
- In a medium bowl, toss the apple's with the cinnamon, sugar, and lemon juice until well coated..
- Put in a baking dish and bake for 18 minutes. Once done, remove from oven and set aside..
- While the filling is baking- start the Dough Braid. In a large mixing bowl sift together the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt..
- In another bowl, mix together the food coloring and water, then add the oil. The food coloring is optional. **Note** to make this festive for autumn for Halloween or Autumn mix food coloring to make the dough orange!.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix on medium-high speed for about 5 minutes..
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with a non stick spray..
- Lightly flour your surface and knead the dough to get a smoother texture..
- On the baking sheet, or on a well floured surface roll the dough out length wise into a long rectangle. I recommend doing this on the baking sheet because transferring of the braid will be pretty complicated..
- Down the length of the dough, cut one inch strips on both sides, leaving a gap of at least 3 inches in the middle un-cut..
- Spread your filling down the center evenly..
- Starting at the top, alternately crisscross the cut peices over top of the filling, pinching at the sides to secure it..
- Transfer the braid (if needed) to your baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- While this is baking make the Glaze. Sift together the powdered sugar and nutmeg. Then add in the milk and teaspoon of vanilla extract and stir well..
- Crush the nuts using a mortar and pestle.
- Remove the braid from the oven once the time is up and brush the glaze on. Then sprinkle with the nuts..
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes..
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes..
- Serve and enjoy! Vanilla Bean ice cream goes great with this..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food apple cinnamon braid recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!