Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, soto ayam – indonesian chicken soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook soto ayam – indonesian chicken soup using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup:
- Prepare 1 kg of free range chicken.
- Prepare 150 gram of vermicelli, boil till soften. Put a side in cold water, shake the water before serving.
- Prepare 2 pcs of fresh lime, cut into wedges. Put aside. Use the juice for the dressing on top of the soup before serving.
- Make ready 2 handfuls of chopped spring onion.
- Make ready 2 of shallots, thinly sliced and fried in vegetable oil until brown.
- Get of Chili paste (sambal) for serving.
- Make ready 4 of boiled eggs for serving.
- Get of For the Paste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of white peppercorns.
- Take 1 1/2 tablespoons of coriander seeds.
- Get 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Make ready 5 of shallots, peeled and halved.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, peeled.
- Get 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground turmeric.
- Get 2 tablespoons of finely minced ginger.
- Get 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take of For the Broth.
- Get 2 litre of chicken broth.
- Take 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass, bruised and tied in a knot.
- Take 3 of kefir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt & more to taste.
Steps to make Soto Ayam – Indonesian Chicken Soup:
- Place chicken in a medium pot with lemongrass, kefir lime leaves, salt and 7 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Skim off any foam and reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes. Skimming as needed to make a clear broth. Remove chicken pieces from broth and set aside. Remove and discard lemongrass and lime leaves, reserve stock in a pot. When chicken is cool enough, discard skin and bones and shred meat..
- Meanwhile, combine peppercorns, coriander seeds and cumin seeds in a small mortar and pestle. Pulse until ground. Add halved shallots, garlic, turmeric and ginger and pulse to a thick paste..
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. When very hot, add spice paste. Stirring until the paste is cooked..
- Add the cooked spice paste to the broth. Add salt to taste. Bring to a simmer then reduce the heat..
- To serve : divide noodles in a serving soup bowls. Add the shredded chicken and boiled egg on top, pour the broth over and sprinkle with chopped spring onions, lime juice and fried shallots..
- Serve immediately while it hot.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food soto ayam – indonesian chicken soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!