Hungarian Sweet "Cow's Curd" Pastry (Túrós Batyu).
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, hungarian sweet "cow's curd" pastry (túrós batyu). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hungarian Sweet "Cow's Curd" Pastry (Túrós Batyu) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Hungarian Sweet "Cow's Curd" Pastry (Túrós Batyu) is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have hungarian sweet "cow's curd" pastry (túrós batyu) using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hungarian Sweet "Cow's Curd" Pastry (Túrós Batyu):
- Make ready of For the pastry.
- Prepare 600 g of all-purpose flour.
- Get 320 ml of milk.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- Make ready Pinch of salt.
- Get 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 80 g of melted butter.
- Get 2,5 g of fresh yeast.
- Get of For the filling.
- Get 200 g of creamy cow's curd cheese.
- Get 4 tbsp of semolina.
- Take 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Few drops of vanilla essence.
- Make ready of Grated zest of 1 lemon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sultanas.
- Prepare 1 of egg seperated.
Instructions to make Hungarian Sweet "Cow's Curd" Pastry (Túrós Batyu):
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk,and leave it for 15 mins. Mix the flour with the salt and sugar,add the egg, milk and yeasty milk.Knead it for 10 minutes.Add the melted butter and knead for another 5 minutes.Cover it and leave it in a warm place for about one hour, until it doubles in size..
- Make the filling. In Hungary we use creamy cow's curd, but if you dont have it, try to substitute it with ricotta or cottage cheese. We mix the cow's curd with semolina,sugar, vanilla essence,lemon zest,sultanas, and egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until firm and add it to the ricotta mix. The texture should be creamy but not runny. If it's runny then add more semolina..
- On a floured surface, roll the dough out with a rolling pin, until approximately 3 mm thick. Cut it into 10×10 cm squares. Put a tablespoon of ricotta mix in the middle of each square. Pinch all 4 corners together and pinch it together..
- Put them on a parchment paper on a baking tray, cover them, and let them rise again for 30 minutes.Preheat the oven to 180 degree celsius, or gas level 6. Once risen, glaze them with the beaten egg and bake them for 25-30 minutes..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food hungarian sweet "cow's curd" pastry (túrós batyu) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!