Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, turkey meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have turkey meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens:
- Make ready 1 of large egg.
- Make ready 6 of crackers or 3 light drops of oatmeal, for hold.
- Prepare of seasonings: garlic salt, lemon pepper, paprika, parsley flakes, & ground red pepper.
- Take 1 packages (20 oz) of ground turkey.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Get 1/2 of bell pepper, chopped.
- Make ready 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Get 1 cup of Minute brown rice.
- Get 1 packages of mixed greens or lettuce.
Steps to make Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens:
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Chop half of an onion and half of a bell pepper… for those halves you'll placed one-half aside for meat & the other half for the pan… or you can use a whole onion & whole bell pepper & chop in halves – one section for meat & the other section placed aside.
- Grab a bowl for the ground turkey & mix meat, seasonings, egg, 6 crackers or oatmeal, and chopped onion & bell pepper… mix ingredients & then add more seasonings if preferred.
- Grab a pan that's big enough to hold 10 to 13 meatballs; cover the pan in foil end to end & place 5 Tb of butter or margarine in the pan along with the other portion of chopped onion & bell pepper, & place in oven to melt butter.
- Remove pan as soon as butter is completely melted & place meatballs in the pan (roll meatballs in butter); pan should be covered end to end with 10 to 13 meatballs (or however many desired or able to make), & then sprinkle just enough frozen peas to cover the pan as well end to end… do not need a whole lot of peas just a little; place pan back in oven.
- On the stove top grab a small pot and add 1 cup of Minute brown rice & just enough water to cover the rice but not drowning the rice (if that makes sense) & cook on medium to high heat; will need to watch because when water cooks all the way out, place a lid on the pot & let sit until ready for use.
- One hour & thirty minutes for meatballs to cook (or until they have a crispy-brown like texture) & remove from oven.
- Grab a plate & bed the plate with the mixed greens or lettuce; add a little brown rice over the greens to cover a little bit; place three meatballs in the center of rice to cover, & place peas and onion & bell pepper along the sides for the pretty look (or garnish)… bon apetite.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food turkey meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!