Vegan bacon. Vegetarian bacon, also referred to as veggie bacon, vacon, or facon, is a product marketed as a bacon alternative. It is high in protein and fiber, yet low in fat, and has no cholesterol. Brands include Morningstar Farms and Smart Bacon.
This vegan bacon is smoky and deliciously textured and made from seitan! It's crispy, chewy, salty and sweet and packs a serious protein punch too! Well would you look at that?
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, vegan bacon. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Vegan bacon is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Vegan bacon is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
Vegetarian bacon, also referred to as veggie bacon, vacon, or facon, is a product marketed as a bacon alternative. It is high in protein and fiber, yet low in fat, and has no cholesterol. Brands include Morningstar Farms and Smart Bacon.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have vegan bacon using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegan bacon:
- Make ready 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Get 1 tbsp of 100% maple syrup.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Hungarian paprika.
- Take of Rice paper (brown rice or white rice).
- Prepare of Water.
I make vegan bacon three ways: with tempeh, with coconut, and with shiitake mushrooms. You'll find all three of my vegan bacon recipes below, along with my favorite ways to use them. In today's video, I just made the best vegan bacon ever. My rice paper bacon recipe is a cult Edgy Veg classic, and with all your tips and techniques.
Steps to make Vegan bacon:
- Mix the marinade ingredients together (leaving out the rice paper and water).
- Stack 2 pieces of rice paper on top of each other and fully submerge in water for about 5 seconds.
- Cut rice paper into bacons strips.
- Rub marinade on both sides of the rice paper.
- On a prepared baking sheet with parchment paper, add your bacon slices and cook @400 for 6-8 minutes.
Vegan Bacon: As the resident vegan expert here at instructables.com, i am always looking for new ways to make foods that appeal to vegans and non vegans. See more ideas about vegan bacon, vegan recipes, bacon. My favorite vegetarian bacon – Tempeh Bacon! Protein packed, ultra flavorful and easy to make. Make this vegan 'bacon' from strips of aubergine and a selection of spices.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food vegan bacon recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!