Salsa stuffed Corn Tamales.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, salsa stuffed corn tamales. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Salsa stuffed Corn Tamales is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Salsa stuffed Corn Tamales is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook salsa stuffed corn tamales using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Salsa stuffed Corn Tamales:
- Get 1 cup of Corn.
- Take 1+1/2 cup of Maize flour.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- Get 2 tbsp of hung Curd.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Take 5 of Corn husk.
- Prepare of For salsa.
- Make ready 2 of Tomatoes.
- Make ready 2 of Big chillies.
- Take 1 of Onion.
- Take 2 sprigs of Coriander.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lime juice.
- Take of Salt as per taste.
Instructions to make Salsa stuffed Corn Tamales:
- Take corn in a blender. Blend it smooth. Add salt and butter and again blend it well. Remove and keep aside..
- Add in baking powder and maize flour. Mix well to form a pliable dough. Let the dough rest aside for 15 minutes..
- Roast the tomatoes and chillies till their skin turns black. Remove the skin and chop the tomatoes chillies and onion..
- Add all the chopped veggies in a blender. Add lime juice, salt and give it brief stir. We want a coarse mixture not wholly blended. Keep aside.
- Take the corn husks and clean them. I used fresh ones as they are available. Take a husk and keep the wide side facing you. Spread a spoonful of the corn dough facing the wide side. Stuff a spoon full of salsa in it. Dont spread dough on the sides. Leave them open..
- Overlap the both sides of the husk. Bring the narrow side up so as to form a parcel which is open on the upper side. Fasten the parcel with a corn thread. Repeat for remaining dough..
- Meanwhile add some water in a kadhai. Keep a strainer above. Let steam form. Keep the parcels on the strainer in a container with their open ends facing upwards. Steam for 30 minutes. Add water if it evaporates in between..
- After 30 minutes check the parcels. Insert a toothpick in it. If it comes out clean it's done else steam for some more time..
- Serve the tamale with drizzle of lime juice and some chopped tomatoes. The tamale is ready to serve..
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food salsa stuffed corn tamales recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!