Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos. Stir once or twice toward the end of cooking to make sure the rice is cooking evenly. Beyond burrito bowls: Besides burrito bowls, you can use this filling to make regular tortilla-wrapped burritos or. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker Recipes » Chicken Recipes » Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken Burritos.
Chopped avocado and salsa are other tasty toppings for these burritos. The chicken mixture is also delicious served over rice. If you like things spicy, leave the seeds in the jalapeño.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, cara's slow cooker chicken burritos. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stir once or twice toward the end of cooking to make sure the rice is cooking evenly. Beyond burrito bowls: Besides burrito bowls, you can use this filling to make regular tortilla-wrapped burritos or. Home » Recipes » Slow Cooker Recipes » Chicken Recipes » Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken Burritos.
Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have cara's slow cooker chicken burritos using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos:
- Make ready 3 of chicken breasts.
- Make ready 10 of large, burrito sized flour tortillas.
- Make ready 1 of can of black beans, drained.
- Get 1 of can of corn, drained.
- Prepare 1 of can of rotel, Undrained.
- Make ready 1 of chicken bullion with 2 cups of water OR 2 cups chicken broth.
- Take 1/2 of packet of taco seasoning.
- Get 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 1 of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro (optional).
- Prepare 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fajita seasoning.
- Take 2 of cups shredded cheese (optional).
I made this recipe up by taking some chicken and some basic Mexican spices and throwing them all together for burrito night. Sprinkle with whatever toppings you prefer, such as diced tomatoes, sour cream, lettuce and cheese. Below is the chicken, salsa, beans, onion, bell pepper and seasonings. DO NOT add the rice at this point.
Steps to make Cara's Slow cooker Chicken Burritos:
- In a slow cooker, add water, bullion cube, taco seasoning & garlic all mixed together. Top with chicken. Low 6-7hrs, high 3-4. Mine were semi frozen so I cooked them on high 5 hrs.
- Remove chicken & shred. Pour all broth into large bowl & reserve. Mash garlic in the bottom of crockpot & leave for now.
- Add chicken, beans, corn, rotel, onions, squeezed lime, fajita seasoning, cilantro plus enough broth to fill half way. Just enough to keep it moist, but not too much to make a soup!.
- Now this needs to cook another hour or so in the slow cooker. I did mine for 2. I wanted all the flavors to be enhanced & come together! This will also give you a chance to check if more seasonings need to be added. Also, the reserved broth is handy if more needs to be added..
- With a slotted spoon, scoop the mixture onto the tortilla, making sure the least amount of juice gets in the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top. You want to leave 3/4 to 1 inch on each end for accurate folding..
- Once folded, add to a med high griddle or non-stick pan. I add a tiny butter to get a crispy outer edge. Flip burritos until golden on both sides..
- These can be served with salsa, sour cream, guacamole or enjoyed the way they are!! I hope you enjoy!.
You will find in my blog I do not recommend standard rice in the slow cooker. Standard rice likes a lot of heat, hotter than what the slow cooker can produce, and will turn out gummy in the slow. These slow cooker chicken burrito bowls are healthy, easy, clean, and include a delicious cauliflower rice. The chicken cooks until its fork tender, then shredded and added back to the seasoned juices to Like these Smothered Baked Mexican Chicken Burritos aka "Skinny Chimichangas" with Cheesy Green Chili Sour Cream Sauce… Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken. This delicious chicken burrito filling is made with chicken thighs and refried beans, and it's super easy to prepare and cook in the slow cooker.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food cara's slow cooker chicken burritos recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!