Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Butter Mochi recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Butter Mochi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Mochi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably choose many food items out of habit. For instance, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butter mochi recipe. You can cook butter mochi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Butter Mochi:
- Prepare 1 lb of Mochiko Flour.
- Get 2 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 5 of Eggs.
- Get 3 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla.
- Take 1/2 cup of Butter, Melted.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut Flakes, Sweetened.
Steps to make Butter Mochi:
- Preheat oven to 350?F..
- Grease very well a 9×13 baking pan or 11×11 pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and baking powder..
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and vanilla..
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and stir to mix well..
- Add the melted butter and coconut..
- Pour into baking pan and bake for about one hour. Place a cookie sheet on the rack below to catch any drips that may occur..
- When done, let the mochi cool completely before cutting and serving..
- Variations: 1) For a Philippino version (Bibingka), replace the milk and coconut flakes with 1 can of coconut milk and 1 can of evaporated milk. 2) Leave out the coconut flakes for a non-coconut but still tasty mochi. 3) For a healthier version, try using low fat milk and an alternate sugar type (e.g. stevia, xylotol, coconut sugar, etc.). You might also want to leave out the coconut flakes..
- Tip: Make a day ahead as the mochi tastes better overnight..
Butter Mochi – Japanese Sweet Chewy DessertJust a Pinch. Butter mochi is yet another example of Hawaii's hybridized cuisine and the state's heavy Asian influence. Butter mochi recipes are famously—almost shockingly—dead simple, with hardly any. If you've had mochi before, this is not like the mochi you normally eat at New Years; it has a rich, slightly sweet, chocolate flavor. Bibingka (a.k.a. butter mochi) is a traditional food usually eaten during Christmas time in the Philippines.
If you find this Butter Mochi recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.