Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shortbread Cookies With Jam Filling#BakingForKids recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shortbread Cookies With Jam Filling#BakingForKids recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or some other junk food, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly nourishing and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, try a couple of these.
Make a trail mixout of various seeds and nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good substance that dictates to the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The higher your serotonin levels, the better you will feel. Nuts, along with bettering your mood, can be a superb protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shortbread cookies with jam filling#bakingforkids recipe. To make shortbread cookies with jam filling#bakingforkids you need 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Shortbread Cookies With Jam Filling#BakingForKids:
- Provide 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1 cup of unsalted butter or veg oil..I used veg oil.
- Get 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of cornflour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Get of Extra flour for dusting.
- Use of For the filling:.
- Provide of Any kind of jam you fancy.
Steps to make Shortbread Cookies With Jam Filling#BakingForKids:
- Get your ingredients ready. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sift your dry ingredients.
- Add in your butter or oil. I used a spatula to mix the oil and flour mixture. Add the milk little by little and form a dough.
- Chill the dough for about 15 min-1 hour.
- Pour a little flour on your working surface and roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thickness.
- Cut out the 18 pieces. Using a small round cutter, a bottle top can do,punch small circles from 9 of the shortbread dough cuts..
- Place the cut dough on top of the cut dough and fill it with jam.
- Place your cookies on your baking tray and bake for 15-20 min.
- Ready to eat. Allow them to cool first.
I love cookies and they are just so versatile. These Jam Filled Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies are so quick to come together. Melt in your mouth Shortbread Cookie recipe with a buttery base, filled with your favorite jam preserve served up in bite-sized slices! When it comes to Christmas, I always think of the desserts, cookies, and smells. Nothing says Christmas like delicious shortbread cookies!
If you find this Shortbread Cookies With Jam Filling#BakingForKids recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.