Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Fig & Walnuts Biscotti recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fig & Walnuts Biscotti recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fig & Walnuts Biscotti recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and make what you already have. Your kitchen should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fig & walnuts biscotti recipe. To cook fig & walnuts biscotti you only need 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fig & Walnuts Biscotti:
- Get 1 of & 1/4 cups Self-Rising Flour.
- Take 1/2 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Use 1 pinch of Salt.
- Use 1/2 cup of Walnuts *coarsely chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of Dried Figs *coarsely chopped.
- Take 2 of Large Eggs *lightly beaten.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
Steps to make Fig & Walnuts Biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper..
- Place Self-Rising Flour, Sugar and 1 pinch of Salt in a large bowl and mix well and add Walnuts and Dried Figs and combine..
- Make a well in the centre and add the lightly beaten Eggs and Vanilla, mix and knead with your hand until the mixture just forms a ball. *Warning: Do not over-knead as the mixture will get too soft and sticky..
- Divide the mixture in half, form each one into a log and place on prepared baking tray. Shape the logs to about 20cm in length and flatten slightly so they are about 2 to 3cm thick. Wetting your fingers with water may help this process..
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. When the logs are cool enough to handle safely, slice diagonally into 1cm thick biscuits using a bread knife or serrated knife..
- Arrange the sliced biscuits back onto the baking tray. Reduce the heat to 140°C, and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes..
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely..
If you find this Fig & Walnuts Biscotti recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.