Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green Plus Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. Unless everyone begins to start living much more eco-friendly we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Here are a few tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen more green.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water or steamed vegetables faster, and use a great deal less energy, by using countertop appliances. Many people wrongly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is going. Conserve even more money by air drying as well as cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
The kitchen alone provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. Eco-friendly living just isn’t that tough. A lot of it is simply utilizing common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to deena's sassy slaw recipe. You can have deena's sassy slaw using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Deena's Sassy Slaw:
- Get of Trader Joe's Shredded Cabbage (or 1 head of cabbage chopped).
- Use of Chopped Celery.
- Use of Shredded Carrots.
- Take of Chopped Red, Yellow and Green Peppers (if you only use one I think the orange tastes best).
- Take of Sweet Yellow Onion Chopped.
- Use of Mayo.
- Provide of Granulated Sugar.
- Get of Milk.
- Provide of Buttermilk.
- Prepare of Seasoned Rice Vinegar.
- Use of Hot Sauce (we use Tapatio).
- You need of Pepper.
Instructions to make Deena's Sassy Slaw:
- Empty shredded cabbage into a mixing bowl. If you are choping your cabbage I recommend putting it through a food processor to make sure it is finely shredded..
- Chop up celery, carrots, peppers & onions and add them to cabbage, and toss..
- In a separate bowl, whisk mayo, sugar, milk, buttermilk, vinegar, hot sauce and pepper until well blended..
- Once it looks like it is a dressing consistency, pour over coleslaw mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate an hour for best flavor, but may also be served right away..
If you find this Deena's Sassy Slaw recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.