Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Walk up the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work instead of using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spiced apple and sticky fig crumble recipe. To cook spiced apple and sticky fig crumble you need 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble:
- Provide of Filling.
- Prepare 3 of Granny Smith Apple.
- Take 6 of dried figs.
- Use 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Use 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Use 1/4 cup of soft brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- Get 1 tbsp of mixed peel (optional).
- Take of Crumble Topping.
- Use 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of soft brown sugar.
- Provide 50 grams of butter (softened).
- Prepare 1 tsp of mixed peel (optional).
Steps to make Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble:
- Peel, core, and dice apples into small pieces. Dice figs..
- Mix flour,sugar, and spices together in a thick based saucepan. Slowly add 1\2 cup of boiling water to make a smooth paste. (Its important that you add the water last, or you will get lumps).
- Stir in apples, figs, and the remaining water. Add more water if necessary. (At this point I often throw in a spoonful of mixed peel, for a bit of extra zest, this is optional.).
- Bring to boil and then let simmer over a medium\low heat with the lid on for ten minutes or until apples begin to soften..
- While the apples are cooking, preheat oven to 180°C..
- To make the crumble: mix flour and sugar together, then add the butter. Mix with your fingers to get a nice crumble. Add more flour (by the teaspoon) if it is too sticky, more butter if it is too dry..
- Spread the cooked apple and fig into your pie\baking dish and smooth it out. Sprinkle crumble mix evenly over the top. (I make this recipe using individual portions, so I get a nice thick layer of crumble. I also sprinkle some mixed peel on top).
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top..
- Serve it hot or cold. It is also good with custard, cream, or ice cream..
If you find this Spiced Apple and Sticky Fig Crumble recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.