Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Sausage Calzones recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sausage Calzones recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sausage Calzones recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health.
Something that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food place. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. In this post we are going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay in good health.
Everybody likes to have dessert following their meals and if you are one of those folks you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are additionally essential for preserving your health. You may also want to combine a few things like orange sections, shredded coconut combined with a teaspoon of honey.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sausage calzones recipe. To cook sausage calzones you need 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Sausage Calzones:
- Prepare of Calzone Dough:.
- Get 1 tbsp. of instant dry yeast.
- Get 1 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1 1/3 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Get 3 cups of all purpose flour + more as needed.
- Take of Sausage Filling:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Provide 1 lb. of ground italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of red onion, diced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of each salt, pepper, dried basil.
- Provide 1 cup of freshly shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Get 1 cup of freshly shredded white cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Take of Marinara Dipping Sauce:.
- Get 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Use 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Take 1 can (16 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Take 1 tsp. of dried basil.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of each pepper, salt, onion powder.
Steps to make Sausage Calzones:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, place the yeast, brown sugar, salt, water, oil and 3 cups of flour. Set the speed to low and let it go until the dough starts to come together. Continue to let it knead until the dough forms a soft ball that pulls away from the sides of the bowl. It should be tacky, but shouldn't really stick to the skin. Add in more flour if you need to, to get it to that point in 1/4 cup increments. I usually end up using close to 3 3/4 cups..
- Place the dough into a lightly greased bowl and place a clean towel over it. Let it rise for 1 hour, until double in size. About halfway through rise time, go ahead and start the marinara sauce and the sausage filling. For the marinara, get the oil heating over medium heat in a small pot. Once it's hot, add the garlic and cook until just fragrant. Then stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar and seasonings. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat and let it gently simmer until calzones are done..
- For the sausage filling, heat the oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook, breaking it up as you go, until it is browned throughout. Then add the peppers and onion and cook until they have softened up a bit. Add the garlic and seasonings and cook just another couple of minutes before removing the pan from the heat and setting it aside. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large pan with parchment paper..
- Once the dough is done rising, turn it out onto a large table or counter. Seperate it into 4 equal sized balls. One at a time, roll each ball out into a 12" circle. Once it's rolled out, place 1/4 of the sausage mix into one side of the circle, leaving room along the edges. Then sprinkle 1/4 cup each of white cheddar and mozzarella over the meat. Stretch the other side of the dough circle over the meat and cheese and pinch the two sides closed. Then fold and tuck the ends firmly together..
- Repeat with each of the dough balls. Place all calzones on the prepared baking pan and use a sharp knife to cut 3 slits in each calzone. Then brush the beaten egg all over each one. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown. Then remove the marinara from the heat. Let the calzone sit for just a few minutes before serving..
These Italian Sausage and Cheese Calzones are perfect for an after school or afterwork snack. It's a lot less mess than a slice of pizza as it is often referred to as a "folded pizza". The pizza dough wraps the filling of the calzone in a tight and beautiful burrito-like shape to keep the various fillings staying in place. Layer the spinach, sausage, mushrooms and cheese over sauce. Imagine a cross between pizza and a sausage and pepper sub sandwich, and you get the gist of how good these are.
If you find this Sausage Calzones recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.