Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are many health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One nutritious option that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sheree's asian cabbage rolls recipe. You can cook sheree's asian cabbage rolls using 22 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS:
- Prepare 1 head of Napa Cabbage.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- Use of sauce.
- Provide 8 oz of tomato sauce or condescended tomato soup.
- Get 3 tbsp of hoison sauce.
- Use 1/2 tsp of sriracha sauce or Franks hot sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Use 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey or syrup.
- Get of filling.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Take 1/2 cup of cooked rice.
- Use 1 medium of onion diced.
- Use 2 stick of celery, diced.
- Use 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Provide 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Get 2 tsp of sesame oil.
- Provide 1/3 cup of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 lb of chicken, ground raw.
- Use 1 tbsp of cornstartch.
- Provide 1/3 of aneheim pepper….. or 1 chili pepper.
Instructions to make SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS:
- REMOVE THE 12 OUTER LEAVES OF THE NAPA CABBAGE… cut up the REMAINDER of the medium head…. into strips and sprinkle salt on cabbage in a colander and set in the sink. let cabbage sit for 30 minutes..
- ***** DO NOT CUT UP THE 12 LEAVES REMOVED (added after review).
- spray a 3 qt casserole dish…. set aside and preheat oven to 400°.
- cut heavy vein so that leaf lays flat…
- immerse leaves in boiling water for 2 minutes until leaf is limp… allow to cool…
- rinse the cut up cabbage in the colander . . and allow to drain in sink…
- *** the second time I made these I used condensed tomato soup (just cheap) because I was out of sauce…. OMG ….VERY GOOD!!!!.
- mix all the items for filling in bowl EXCEPT THE CABBAGE IN THE COLANDER.
- sprinkle cornstarch … and mix by hand.
- RINSE THE SALT OFF THE CABBAGE IN COLANDER !!!!.
- after the cabbage has drained add to meat .. add 1/3 cup of sauce . reserve the remainder of sauce to cover rolls…. mix and mix by hand.
- use cabbage leaves and put 1/2 cup of filling in the cabbage.. roll and set in pan seam side down..
- **** roll mixture from tip of leaf to bottom of leaf….
- lay in casserole dish and cover with sauce…. casserole dish should hold 12 rolls… bake covered for 20 minutes…. uncover and cook 15 minutes more….
- **** they also freeze…. I make my rolls then wrap individually with clear wrap… I put them in a Ziploc bag…. so that I am able to pull out whenever…..
The head has bigger leaves, making. The cabbage rolls are stuffed with ground pork mixed with ginger, garlic, shiitake mushrooms, shredded carrots, scallions and rice. Before putting the rolls into the oven, they're brushed with some diluted hoisin sauce to keep them moist. The result is like an Asian meatball wrapped in cabbage. Although not traditional Japanese cuisine, cabbage rolls with pork filling served in a clear chicken broth are pretty and delicious.
If you find this SHEREE'S ASIAN CABBAGE ROLLS recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.