Sardine Salad Sandwich. My parents grew up during the Great Depression and this is a recipe for a cheap meal that was quick and easy to make also. This Sardine Salad isn't for everyone. It's definitely "fishier" than a tuna salad.
Orange and Avocado Salad with Freshly Ground Cumin. As you get creative with various toppings for your sardine sandwiches, keep in mind the reasoning. Do you love tuna salad sandwiches?
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, sardine salad sandwich. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
My parents grew up during the Great Depression and this is a recipe for a cheap meal that was quick and easy to make also. This Sardine Salad isn't for everyone. It's definitely "fishier" than a tuna salad.
Sardine Salad Sandwich is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Sardine Salad Sandwich is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have sardine salad sandwich using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sardine Salad Sandwich:
- Take 1 can of sardines, flavor your choice.
- Prepare 1 slice of sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Hot sauce.
- Take of ground black pepper.
- Take 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
Well here are some alternatives that are lower on the food chain thus lower in mercury. Sardines and hard-boiled eggs didn't sound like a natural combination to me, but since more than For people like my dad (who said, "Here's a recipe for sardines: Give the sardines to the cat and. Sardines come in many different flavors and can be enjoyed many different ways. My current favorite: Crunchy veggies, canned sardines, and a spicy mayo combine to create a cheap, fast, and.
Instructions to make Sardine Salad Sandwich:
- Sardines from 1 can minus oil, this is just what I had on hand..
- Remove backbone if you dislike them. Place in a cereal/soup bowl.
- Finally dice your onion, add to bowl with sardines.
- Add garlic powder, I give it a couple sprinkles, maybe half a teaspoon..
- Add hot sauce (here I used crushed red pepper) and a grind or two of black pepper.
- Using a fork, mash it all together, breaking up everything.
- When it's mashed to your liking, add mayonnaise.
- Mix and mash the mayonnaise, until it's sort of smooth.
- Serve. I happen to like it open face, a nice crusty bread is good, I only had Italian bread. I garnished it with a bit of chives (green onion, cilantro, parsley all work, or nothing at all) and enjoy. Makes two sandwiches..
- NOTES – Sometimes I put horseradish on the bread, sometimes I toast the bread. This also lends itself to modifications for the way you like it. My dad never used hot sauce, I happen to like a little heat..
Especially if you use the salad later as filling for an amazing sardine salad sandwich! Lately I've hitting the road with sandwiches that combine produce with canned fish, like sardines, herring, trout or smoked salmon. Combining sardines with Thai spices moves the flavor away from purely fishy in this sweet and spicy salad. King Oscar Simple Sardine Sandwich with tiny and delicate brisling sardines is a Norwegian open-face sandwich recipe classic. Sardine sandwiches are a type of dish that is made by putting small, oily fish between two slices of Sardine sandwiches are especially popular as snacks in countries like Malaysia and Cambodia.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sardine salad sandwich recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!