Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Chicken Calzone recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Calzone recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Calzone recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
Many individuals do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. These kinds of foods are filled with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be consuming that will have a good effect on your health.
One of the primary varieties of foods you should be eating plenty of, is various berries. The first thing you will find out about berries is just about any sort of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Almost all berries also have loads of anti-oxidants, which is incredibly beneficial to your overall health and is specifically good for your circulatory system. Another thing you will see that these antioxidants can help you with is actually keeping your cells healthy, this can help your body to fight off a variety of diseases.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you need to take these suggestions to heart. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken calzone recipe. To cook chicken calzone you need 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Calzone:
- Take 1 cup of plain flour (makes 4-5 calzones).
- Use pinch of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten with a tbsp. of water.
- Use of Stuffing -.
- Get 1 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Provide pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic, chopped.
- Take 1 of green chilli, chopped.
- Use 1/2 cup of chicken, boiled & shredded.
- Take 1/2 cup of mixed veggies, chopped (I used frozen ones).
- Take to taste of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of amchur (dry mango powder).
- Provide 2-3 tbsp. of grared cheese.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Instructions to make Chicken Calzone:
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, oil, chilli flakes and yeast. Knead into a dough by adding water little at a time and as required. Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for an hour..
- For the stuffing – Heat oil in a pan and temper with cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute for a few seconds. Then add the onion, ginger, garlic and green chilies. Fry till light brown..
- Now add the veggies, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder. Cover and cook on a low flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken, cheese and amchur powder. Saute for a minute and switch off the flame. Garnish with coriander leaves and set aside to cool down..
- For the calzone – Knead the dough once again and then divide into 4-5 portions. Roll out each into a circle by dusting some flour..
- Place a little of the stuffing and fold it over like a half moon. Secure the edges with a fork. Make similar calzones with the remaining dough and stuffing..
- Line a baking tray with butter paper and brush with some oil / melted butter. Gently place the prepared calzones..
- Lightly brush with the egg wash and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees C. for 20-25 minutes or till the top is light golden in colour. Serve with tomato ketchup, mayo or green chutney..
A pizza folded over on itself so it is easy to hold and eat, even for little hands. I tend to make this when i have some leftovers of my easy chicken parmigiana and extra marinara or arrabiata tomato sauce. Brush the dough borders with little water and cover the filling with the dough (using the side without filling) and seal edges with fork. Remove from heat and let it rest while you prepare the cream sauce. In a skillet, melt butter and oil over medium heat.
If you find this Chicken Calzone recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.