Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and have to be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is basically candy or other junk foods, this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be very nourishing and good for us to eat. A number of foods honestly do raise your mood when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional boost, test out some of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were simply expecting to read that, weren’t you? Green tea is high in a particular amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps improve your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You knew that green tea helps you feel a lot healthier. Now you are well aware that it helps you to elevate your moods also!
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to apullian onion pie (calzone di cipolla) recipe. To cook apullian onion pie (calzone di cipolla) you need 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla):
- Get 250 g of flour.
- You need 250 g of semolina flour.
- Use 2 teaspoons of instant yeast.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Provide 1.5 teaspoons of salt.
- Use 200 ml of lukewarm water.
- Provide 150 ml of olive oil.
- Get of Onion filling.
- Take 4 of big white onions.
- Get 5 of anchovies filets.
- Prepare 100 g of sliced olives (green or black).
- Take 2 tablespoons of raisins (optional).
- Use 50 g of grated Pecorino.
Steps to make Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla):
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Wait to rise. (5 min).
- Mix flours, salt, oil and yeast mixture and kneed until soft smooth dough forms. Divide in two pieces and leave in warm place to rise..
- Slice onions in thin strips across. Heat some olive oil in frying pan. Fry onions on high until excess liquid evaporates and onions start to brown, than reduce heat and cook on low for about 20-30min, turn occasionally to prevent burning, but don’t overdo it, because it will become mushy. Cook until soft and caramelized. Add some black pepper. No salt needed, because olives, anchovies and pecorino is quite salty. But you can adjust to your taste..
- Cool slightly. Add sliced olives, chopped anchovies, raisins and pecorino cheese. Set aside. Fill is ready..
- Place one piece of rolled dough in very good greased form. Add onion mixture and cover with second half of rolled dough. Pinch edges together. Let it rise for half an hour (or overnight). Pour more olive oil on top and pierce with fork in few places. You can sprinkle some coarse salt on top as well..
- Preheat oven to 395 F. Bake for about 30 min until caramel coloured on top and bottom. Enjoy!.
My grandfather Lorenzo… My grandfather Lorenzo… The world's largest kitchen How to make a delicious Apulian onion calzone! Add salt and hot pepper to taste. Calzone di cipolla is a traditional stuffed focaccia made using a local variety of white onions called sponsali. The shell is a classic bread dough, while the stuffing consists of onions, pitted olives – green or black – grated cheese, raisins and anchovies. The result is a sweet and savoury affair that is just irresistible.
If you find this Apullian onion pie (Calzone di Cipolla) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.