Pear and Persimmon Galette.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, pear and persimmon galette. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Pear and Persimmon Galette is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Pear and Persimmon Galette is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pear and persimmon galette using 20 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pear and Persimmon Galette:
- Take of Crust.
- Take 1 1/4 cup of plain flour.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of castor sugar.
- Make ready 8 tablespoons of butter chilled.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of ice water.
- Get of Filling.
- Make ready 2 of persimmons.
- Get 2-3 of Pears.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of almond flour.
- Get 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Make ready Half of cup brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of soft butter.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of slivered almonds.
- Take 3 tablespoons of Soft cream cheese.
- Take 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
- Take of Butter & milk wash.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soft butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
Steps to make Pear and Persimmon Galette:
- In a bowl add flour, salt and sugar and mix with a fork..
- Add chilled butter. Mash butter into the flour with a fork, and also keep mixing, till the flour looks like crumbs..
- Add apple cider vinegar and mix roughly. Add ice water and bring the dough together. Don't add all water immediately. Keep adding teaspoons only if required..
- Cling wrap the dough and refrigerate for atleast 1 hour..
- Till the dough is getting chilled, let us prepare for the filling. Clean and core the fruits, pears and persimmons. Slice the fruits..
- Sprinkle corn starch and 1/4 cup sugar. Toss and keep aside.
- After 1 hour or so, remove dough from fridge. Take on lightly floured work surface and roll a circle out of it. Prepare a baking tray, line with baking parchment..
- Preheat oven @190C..
- Apply butter and sprinkle sugar and almond flour on the circle..
- Arrange fruits on the circle..
- Sprinkle almond flour and sugar over the top of fruits..
- Fold the edges of the circle over the filling. Sprinkle almond flour generously. Spoon soft cream cheese. Drizzle caramel sauce on top..
- Mix and prepare butter and milk wash. Apply on the crust..
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes. Till the crust looks deep brown. Refer to the half done galette in the pic below..
- Once done gently remove from the tray, directly on to the serving dish. Slice and serve warm with a dollop of whipped cream or your favourite ice cream..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food pear and persimmon galette recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!