Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, irresistible kuwait shrimp with rice. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook irresistible kuwait shrimp with rice using 25 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice:
- Prepare of Shrimp.
- Take 1 kg of shrimps, with skin, washed, and heads cut off.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- Prepare 3 of onions, chopped.
- Take 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of green bell peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bunch of coriander, chopped.
- Take 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, green.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of dried black lime powder, loomi.
- Make ready 1 1/2 teaspoon of baharat spice.
- Make ready 1/4 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- Make ready 1/4 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Take 5 of saffron threads.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of rosewater.
- Get of Rice.
- Get 3 cups of rice, washed and soaked in cold water with a dash of salt.
- Get 1 of onion, sliced.
- Get 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 of cloves.
- Get 3 of whole black peppers.
- Take 4 of cardamom pods, partly opened.
- Get of salt to taste.
Instructions to make Irresistible Kuwait Shrimp with Rice:
- Soak the saffron threads in the rosewater and set aside so the saffron releases its color..
- To cook the shrimp, place it in a saucepan with the turmeric and some salt. Pour enough water to cover and leave to boil until shrimp is cooked..
- Drain the shrimp and reserve the shrimp broth for later. Peel the black thread from the shrimp and leave in a strainer..
- To prepare the stuffing: Start by crushing the garlic cloves with the ginger and green peppers, and leave aside..
- In a medium saucepan, roast the chopped onions and the dried black lime powder until onions are tender and brown. Sprinkle some water if onions stick to the pan..
- Add the crushed garlic mix and the rest of the stuffing ingredients:baharat, salt, cardamom powder, turmeric, vegetable oil and coriander. Mix for a few minutes before adding the shrimp to the stuffing then stir for 3 minutes..
- Sprinkle a little bit of the rosewater-saffron mix. Cover and simmer for a few minutes, and then remove from heat..
- To prepare the rice: In a large saucepan put the reserved shrimp-broth along with some boiled water to make a total of 6 cups of liquid. Then add in the cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, black peppers, and cloves. Bring to a boil and add salt to taste..
- Add the rice and stir for a few seconds to prevent from sticking. Boil until rice is half-cooked, then drain and place back into the same saucepan..
- In the meantime, fry the sliced onion in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil then mix with the shrimp stuffing..
- Finally, take out some rice from the middle of the saucepan leaving rice at the bottom and the sides of the saucepan. Put shrimp in the hole and cover with the rice you took out. Sprinkle the remaining rosewater-saffron water, cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes..
- When done, remove the rice you covered the mixture with and take out the shrimps carefully and set aside, then move the rice to a serving platter and arrange the shrimps on top..
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food irresistible kuwait shrimp with rice recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!