Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, stuffed bell peppers w/ sauce. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have stuffed bell peppers w/ sauce using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce:
- Prepare of The sauce ….
- Take 2-3 tbs. of olive oil.
- Make ready 1/2 of large yellow onion, roughly chopped.
- Take 1 of jalapeno pepper, sliced thin.
- Make ready 1 can (14.5 oz.) of diced tomatoes, drained.
- Get 1 cup of brown gravy, ready-made.
- Get 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Get Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, and dried thyme, & coriander.
- Take 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, finely chopped.
- Take 1.25 of lbs. ground beef.
- Take 1/2 of large yellow onion, finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- Get 1/3 cup of plain dried breadcrumbs.
- Take 1/2 cup of “cooked” white rice.
- Prepare Dash of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- Make ready 4 of large bell peppers, seeded, and white ribs, stems removed.
Steps to make Stuffed Bell Peppers w/ Sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan, add the onions and jalapeno pepper. Cook over medium heat for 4 minutes until translucent. Add the tomatoes, brown gravy, brown sugar, vinegar, spices and fresh herb..
- Bring to a slight boil, then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally and set aside..
- Prepare the 1/2 cup of cooked rice in a small saucepan and set aside to cool. In a large pot, fill it about 2” with water and bring to a light boil..
- With a paring knife, cut the tops of the peppers. [Save the tops] Lightly trim the bottom of the peppers so that they stand straight and even. Scoop out the seeds and white ribs with a spoon. Lightly puncture a small whole in the bottoms from the inside..
- Place the peppers in the boiling water, reduce the heat, and cover with a lid. Steam them for 5 minutes. Remove the pot from the stove, drain the water, and run the peppers under cold water. Remove the peppers from the pot and place upside down to dry and cool..
- Heat oven to 350˚..
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, cooked rice, and spices. Add 1/3 cup of the sauce to the mixture and mix lightly with your hands..
- With a large spoon, fill the peppers with the meat mixture. Place the cut bell pepper “lids” on top of each to cover..
- Pour half the sauce mixture into a small or medium casserole dish. Place the peppers neatly into the dish and cover with the remaining sauce..
- Place the casserole dish into the heated oven and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the dish from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Serve the peppers in a bed of mashed potatoes, top them with the sauce and chopped cilantro..
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food stuffed bell peppers w/ sauce recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!