Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, hiroshima-style okonomiyaki. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have hiroshima-style okonomiyaki using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki:
- Get of <Crepe>.
- Make ready 50 g of Plain Flour *about 1/3 cup.
- Make ready 100 ml of Water.
- Make ready of Oil for cooking.
- Take of *You must save 2 tablespoons batter.
- Get of <Toppings>.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes) *optional, crumbled.
- Make ready 2 handfuls of thinly sliced Cabbage.
- Prepare 1 handful of Bean Sprouts.
- Take 2 tablespoons of ‘Tenkasu’ *also called ‘Agedama’.
- Prepare of *Note: ‘Tenkasu’ is Deep-fried Tempura Batter Chips and it can be impossible to find for many of us. The best substitutes are ‘Fried Shallots’, ‘Shrimp Crackers’ or Indian ‘Boondi’.
- Get 50 g of thinly sliced Pork.
- Get 1 of serving (100g) Yakisoba Noodles OR Stir-fry Noodles.
- Get of Salt & Finely Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Take of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- Make ready 1 of Spring Onion *finely chopped.
- Get of Aonori (Finely Shredded Green Seaweed) *optional.
- Get of Benishoga (Red Pickled Ginger) OR Pink Pickled Ginger *optional.
Instructions to make Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki:
- Make the crepe batter by mixing Flour and Water, and set aside. Prepare the vegetables..
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, apply a small amount of Oil, and reduce the heat to medium low. *Note: If you use a not-stick frying pan, simply heat over medium low heat and apply a small amount of Oil..
- Spread the batter to create a crepe about 18cm in diameter. (The larger the crepe is, the harder to flip over.) *You must save 2 tablespoons batter..
- Sprinkle with the crumbled Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes) (*optional). Place thinly sliced Cabbage, Bean Sprouts and ‘Tenkasu’ (OR the substitute), drizzle the saved batter over, and cover with Pork slices. Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper..
- When the crepe is nicely browned, carefully flip the whole thing over using 2 turners so that the Pork slices are now touching the frying pan. FIGHT against the temptation that you want to press it down, and let it cook slowly for 4 to 5 minutes. (Slow steam-cooking makes the Cabbage sweet.) Then you may press it down..
- *Tips: Some vegetable pieces would fly off all over the frying pan when you flip it over. Just gather them back to the pancake..
- Meanwhile, cook Yakisoba Noodles in another frying pan, with a small amount of Oil. Season with Salt & Pepper, OR/AND Okonomiyaki Sauce. Carefully transfer the whole pancake, as Pork slices are facing down, onto the Noodles..
- Crack an Egg onto the emptied frying pan and spread it out into the same size as the crepe. Carefully transfer the whole pancake with the Noodles onto the Egg. Cook for another 1 minute until the Egg is cooked..
- Flip over the completed Okonomiyaki, and transfer to the serving plate..
- Spread a generous amount of Okonomiyaki Sauce on the top, sprinkle with Aonori (*optional) and finely chopped Spring Onion, and enjoy with Pickled Ginger (*optional). Hiroshima-Style Okonomiyaki is traditionally served WITHOUT mayonnaise..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food hiroshima-style okonomiyaki recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!