Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce recipe. You can cook steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce:
- Prepare 2 of steelhead trout fillets, deboned and descaled.
- You need 1 of large shallot, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Cholula hot sauce.
- Prepare 250 g of whole cherry tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of capers, drained.
- Get 4 tbsp of unsalted butter.
Steps to make Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce:
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the trout with salt and pepper and lay the fillets in the pan, skin-side down. Fry for 4 minutes, then flip and fry for 4 minutes on the other side. Remove the trout to a plate..
- Add the shallot and garlic to the pan and let sweat for 1 minute..
- Add the hot sauce, tomatoes, capers and butter to the pan. Use a sharp knife to poke holes in the tomatoes, and a spatula to flatten them and squeeze out their juice. Let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes. It should thicken very slightly. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Carefully peel the skin off the trout and pour the sauce over the fillets..
For the spicy tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft. Using a hand blender, process the sauce until smooth, adding more salt and freshly ground black pepper if required. To serve, place a spoonful of the rice onto a serving plate, arrange the trout halves. Tomatoes add an earthiness to these recipes for prawns and polenta, rainbow trout in tamarind sauce, and fish meatballs with ancho chilli. One-Pan Seared Swordfish with Spicy Olive Oil Poached Tomatoes – Baker by Nature.
If you find this Steelhead trout with spicy tomato and caper sauce recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.