Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. These types of modifications need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
Begin with exchanging the lights. Of course you shouldn’t confine this to only the kitchen. The usual light bulbs are the incandescent variety, which really should be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. These bulbs are usually energy-efficient which means electricity consumption is lower, and, while they cost a bit more to buy, will outlast an incandescent light ten times over. Changing the light bulbs would certainly keep plenty of bulbs out of the landfills, and that is good. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is actually another good thing to do. The family spends considerable time in the kitchen, and how often does the kitchen light go on in the morning and is left on all day long. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it goes on in other parts of the house also. Do an exercise if you like; check out the quantity of electricity you can save by turning the lights off as soon as you don’t need them.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Efficient living is something we can all perform, without difficulty. Largely, all it takes is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) recipe. You can cook bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ):
- You need of boneless cod fish.
- Use of all purpose flour.
- You need of adobo (goya).
- Take of sazon (goya).
- You need of sofrito (use my sofrito recipe).
- You need of black pepper.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Prepare of corn oil.
Instructions to make Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ):
- put cod fish in a pot filled with water and boil for 20 minutes.
- drain water from pot and refill again with water put to boil for another 20 minutes.
- this time drain water into a bowl for later use.
- let cod fish cool to room temp.
- in a mixing bowl add your flour and baking powder.
- break up cod fish up cod fish with your fingers as much as u can and mix into your dry ingredients.
- add your sofrito and mix with your hands.
- start to add the broth from your mixture (some people tend to use a lot of that broth water I use some and just add regular water you don't want those fritters to be salty).
- mix until you get a nice pancake batter consistency.
- now u add sazon adobo and black pepper to taste and mix.
- in a frying pan heat up your corn oil to about 375° you want it nice and hot.
- start to pour it batter into the frying pan fry till each side is a golden color flipping over only once.
- put fritters on a paper towel or on a rack so oil can drain off and your fritters remain crispy.
Taste and change the water and soak again for half an hour if it is still too salty. Codfish fritters or Bacalaitos can be found in various versions throughout the islands and are called stamp-and-go in Jamaica, saltfish accra in Trinidad, accras in Martinique and fish cakes in Barbados. They are a mixture of flour, codfish and spices deep fried as either flat cakes or round balls. Remove cooked fish from liquid, shred and set aside to cool. Rinse cod under cold water to remove some of the salt.
If you find this Bacalaitos ( cod fish fritters ) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.