Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, ragda patties. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ragda Patties is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Ragda Patties is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook ragda patties using 30 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Ragda Patties:
- Prepare of Filling.
- Prepare 2 of boiled potatoes, cut into small pieces.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 2 tsp of ginger-green chilli paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grated jaggery.
- Take 1 tbsp of tamarind, soaked.
- Make ready 1 cup of safed dry vatana.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare of Tempering (for The Ragda):.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 6 of curry leaves.
- Take 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Get 2 tbsp of oil.
- Make ready of For The Patties:.
- Take 1 kg of potatoes.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of cornflour.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped mint leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped coriander.
- Prepare 12 of ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tsp of sugar.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare of oil for deep-frying.
- Get 1 of recipe of green chutney.
- Take 1/2 of recipe of fresh garlic chutney.
- Get 1/2 of recipe of khajur imli ki chutney.
- Make ready 1 cup of chopped onions.
Steps to make Ragda Patties:
- For the ragda: Soak the dried peas overnight. Drain, add approximately 3 to 4 cups of fresh water and pressure cook for 4 whistles or until the peas are soft. Prepare the tempering by heating the oil, adding the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida and stirring till the mustard seeds crackle. Add in all the other ingredients for the ragda adding more water if required. Mix well mashing the peas slightly so that the gravy becomes thicker. Simmer for 10 minutes and keep aside..
- For the patties: Boil, peel and grate the potatoes. Add the cornflour and salt and knead to a soft dough. Divide into 12 equal portions and keep aside. Roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3") diameter circle. Place a portion of the ground filling mixture on each circle. Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the filling inside the potato. Press lightly on top to make a patty. Repeat to make the remaining 11 patties..
- Shallow fry on a non-stick pan till the patties are golden brown and crisp. For serving, place 2 patties on a plate and pour the ragda over. Top with all the chutneys. Sprinkle onions on top. Serve with Pav..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food ragda patties recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!