Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp mofongo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp mofongo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Pick water over other drinks. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is ordinarily one of the keys to really losing weight and becoming really healthy.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every day, can do a great deal to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp mofongo recipe. You can cook shrimp mofongo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Use of green plantains.
- Provide of canola oil for frying.
- Take of garlic depending on your taste.
- Use of large raw shrimp.
- You need of olive oil.
- You need of Chopped up cilantro.
- Provide of lime juice.
- Get of onion.
- Provide of Adobo according to your liking.
- Use of th Chicken bouillon cube.
Steps to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Start with peeling the green plantains. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. You can start mincing the yellow onions and take your cilantro, wash it and then chop it up..
- Start heating up a frying pan. Fill with the oil and once it’s hot start adding the green plantains. Fry for a couple of minutes until you feel it start getting soft on the inside. Flip them on the other side. Fry for a couple of more minutes then take them out. Put them on a plate lined up with paper towel so it can soak up the grease..
- Take a pan and put the olive oil. Put the 4th of the bouillon cube in the oil. Add lime juice adobo, cilantro and onion start frying. Add the garlic. Fry for about 1 minute then add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp..
- Take a bowl or a pilon and add the fried green plantains. That will be where you will mash the plantains into the round form. Add a small amount of garlic. Mash until soft. Once the plantains have taken its form take it out and put it on the plate. Add the shrimp on the mofongo. 🙂.
For the creole shrimp sauce; I treated it just like how I normally do when I make my shrimp and grits. Remove from the heat and fold in the culantro. Serve the Mofongo ball in the sauce with the shrimp and remaining plantain chips. We all know and love the classic mofongo, this Camarofongo (Shrimp Mofongo) is every bit as good as the fried one, if not better. And in better news: This Camarofongo is based on the authentic traditional Dominican mofongo.
If you find this Shrimp mofongo recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.