Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most people typically assume that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making a few small changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One heart-healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to harira – red lentil soup recipe. To make harira – red lentil soup you only need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Harira – Red Lentil Soup:
- Get 1 large of onion (chopped).
- Use 1 large of carrot (chopped).
- Use 1/3 cup of parsley (finely chopped).
- Get 1/2 cup of cilantro (finely chopped).
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic (minced).
- Get 2 tbsp of ginger (finely minced).
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cayenne.
- Use 2 tsp of pimentón dulce (or other smoked sweet paprika).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper (or more to taste).
- You need 2 tsp of salt (or more to taste).
- Provide 28 oz of diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 1/4 cup of red lentils (dry).
- Provide 8 cup of vegetable broth.
- Provide 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of side (garnish).
- Use 4 of limes (cut into small wedges).
- Take 1 bunch of of cilantro (finely chopped).
- Use 6 of pita breads (or toasted sliced baguette).
Instructions to make Harira – Red Lentil Soup:
- Heat olive oil in large pot or dutch oven. Sauté onion, carrot, parsley and cilantro until caramelized..
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in the garlic, ginger and all of the spices. Sauté until fragrant; less than a minute..
- Add lentils, tomatoes, and broth. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 50 minutes, or until the lentils have cooked thoroughly and soup has thickened. Salt to taste..
- Serve with fresh lime wedges, chopped cilantro and toasted bread of your choice..
The national soup of Morocco, this Harira recipe is a total flavor explosion. Harira to Morocco is like Boeuf Bourgignon to France in that it's as much a household name as anything. Every child and adult in Morocco is familiar with harira and it's served in practically every home throughout the country. It is a traditional Ramadan Soup. UPDATE – I have now made the soup and love it; I made it with red lentils which worked fine.
If you find this Harira – Red Lentil Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.