Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Cajun pork and lentils recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Cajun pork and lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cajun pork and lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Vitality Treats.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a part in a more balanced feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
One of the most popular snack foods is low fat yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a wholesome snack though. It contains tons of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help manage the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent approach to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to cajun pork and lentils recipe. You can cook cajun pork and lentils using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Prepare 1 lb. of lentils.
- Get 2 lb. of pork spare ribs strips, cut in small pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of pork fat.
- Prepare of jon cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tsp. of salt.
- Get 2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of onion powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Use 2 tsp. of paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Use 3/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp. of dry oregano leaves.
- You need 1 tsp. of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of Mexican chili powder.
- Provide of other ingredients.
- Take 2/3 cup of diced onions.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of diced red peppers.
- You need 2/3 cup of diced green pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced carrots.
- You need 2/3 cup of diced celery.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped tomatoes or chunky tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 of minced garlic cloves.
- Use 1 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- Use 1 of diced potato.
- Prepare 1 cup of white wine.
- Provide 1 1/2 qt. of + 1 cup. water.
- Get 1 tsp. of salt.
Instructions to make Cajun pork and lentils:
- Check the lentils for stones or any foreign objects. Place the lentils in a container, cover with plenty water and let them soak for a couple hours. In a bowl mix all the spices for the Cajun seasoning. Pad dry the ribs with paper towel and mix with 2½ teaspoons Cajun seasoning. Let them marinate for 1 hour. Save the rest of the seasoning for other Cajun recipes..
- Cut the vegetables and measure the rest of the ingredients. Heat up at moderate temperature a large frying pan and melt the pork fat. When some of the fat becomes brown, remove and reserve. Place the ribs in the frying pan and brown them on both sides. Remove to a deep pot..
- Add to the frying pan onion, garlic and brown them, trying to lose any particles sticking on the pan. Add the rest of the vegetables, brown pieces of pork fat and sweat them for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add the vegetables and tomatoes to the pot with the ribs..
- Deglaze the frying pan with the wine or water and add to the ribs. Incorporate the water, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and let the ribs cook slowly for 45 minutes. Drain the soaking lentils. Add lentils, potatoes to ribs in the pot. Let boil the liquid, lower the flame and cook slowly for 25 to 30 minutes or until lentils are soft..
- Serve the soup with a bit chopped tomatoes and cilantro on top..
Pork was a cornerstone of the diet of the French settlers who lived in Acadiana, now called Nova Scotia. When the British forced them out of their homeland many found their way south to French-speaking Louisiana, where wild boar was plentiful, allowing the Acadians to retain pork in their diets. Celery and its delicious leaves, especially, are underused in cooking but add freshness and somewhat bitter finish to this earthy dish of pork and lentils. The Gulf Coast is home to some of the most delicious and mouth-watering dishes on the planet – unfortunately, many of these (shrimp and grits; red beans Cajun seasoning is easily found in spice aisles, but you can also make batches of this yourself to save a little bit of money. The olive-oil fried shallots add crunch and sweetness to this comforting pork and lentil main course.
If you find this Cajun pork and lentils recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.