Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, bison burgers with cabernet onions and wisconsin cheddar. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have bison burgers with cabernet onions and wisconsin cheddar using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar:
- Make ready 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- Take 3 cup of sliced onions (about 2).
- Take 3/4 cup of Cabernet Sauvignon or other dry red wine.
- Take 1 lb of ground bison (buffalo).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of chopped shallots.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 4 of organic hamburger buns.
- Make ready 6 oz of sliced Wisconsin white cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of Dijon mustard.
- Make ready 1 small of head of escarole, leaves separated.
Steps to make Bison Burgers with Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar:
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium- high heat..
- Add onions, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender and golden brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until very tender and well browned, about 15 minutes longer..
- Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 days ahead. Cool, cover, and chill..
- Preheat broiler..
- Gently mix meat and next 3 ingredients in large bowl. Shape into four 1/2-inch-thick patties..
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Sprinkle burgers with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until well browned, about 2 minutes per side for medium-rare..
- Open buns and arrange, cut side up, on rimmed baking sheet. Place cheese slices on bun tops. Broil until cheese melts and bottom halves are lightly toasted, about 1 minute. Spread bottom halves with mustard. Top each with a few escarole leaves, then burger. Spoon onions atop burgers, dividing equally. Cover with bun tops; press lightly..
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food bison burgers with cabernet onions and wisconsin cheddar recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!