Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that provide You Vitality.
We are all aware that having healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of well balanced meals while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more healthy feeling. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is often a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Just about the most popular snacks is low fat yogurt. The truth is, lots of people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich resource of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Yogurt is very easy for the body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture used to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened yogurt for a healthy snack idea. This minimizes your sugar absorption without lowering the taste of your snack.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to merguez sausage and cumin lentils with dandelion greens recipe. You can have merguez sausage and cumin lentils with dandelion greens using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens:
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of merguez sausages.
- You need 2 tsp of whole cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Take 1 of fresh cayenne, diced or 1/2 tsp dried red chile flakes.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 3 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 28 oz of can of whole peeled tomatoes, crushed.
- You need 2 Tbsp of fresh oregano, minced.
- Get 1 cup of dry lentils.
- You need 1 bunch of dandelion greens.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sherry vinegar.
- Take 1/2 cup of cilantro.
Steps to make Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens:
- Dandelion greens are grown in sandy soils. After cutting your greens, place them in a bowl or salad spinner and fill with cold water. Agitate with your hands to dislodge the sand. Remove the greens and and let the sand settle to the bottom. Pour the sandy water out. Repeat until the water runs clear and sand free and then once more. Spin or shake the excess water off the greens..
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium high heat and add the sausages to brown..
- Turn the sausages and once brown, remove to a bowl. It's ok they're not fully cooked. They will finish later..
- In the oil left in the dutch oven, add the cumin seeds and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the onions and season with 1 tsp salt and cook while scraping up the brown bits for ~10 min.
- Add the garlic and red peppers. Cook 30 seconds.
- Add the stock. If you dont have stock on hand, use 3 cups of water and 1 cube each of Bou chicken and Bou vegetable bouillon. Hand crush the tomatoes and add them along with the lentils and oregano. Bring to a simmer over low heat and roughly 1-2 tsp of salt to taste. cook for 30 min uncovered to reduce the stock.
- Add the dandelion greens and mix. Cover and cook until wilted… about 3 minutes..
- Add the sausages back, add the vinegar and and cover to cook for 10 min.
- Plate with slice sausages, sprinkle with cilantro, and dress with a drizzle of high quality olive oil and cracked pepper..
It doesn't even need to be stuffed into a casing: Simply form it into patties and cook. Sausage and eggs are Moroccan comfort food. Caramelized onions and warm tomatoes For a zesty variation, use Moroccan Merguez sausage with your and eggs and tomatoes. Dust the top of the cooked eggs with cumin and salt to taste, garnish with a little chopped parsley, and serve. Heat the grill and cook the sausages until golden.
If you find this Merguez Sausage and Cumin Lentils with Dandelion Greens recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.