Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Tasty Taco Lentils recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tasty Taco Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tasty Taco Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Power.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our consumption of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds offer a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you require a shot of energy. These nuts possess lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They generally do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. Nevertheless, you may not need a nap after consuming almonds. Rather, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a calming feeling throughout your body. Your emotional state is often lifted by simply eating almonds.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tasty taco lentils recipe. To make tasty taco lentils you need 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tasty Taco Lentils:
- Get 2 1/4 cups of broth or water.
- Get 1 cup of split red lentils.
- Take 1 of small, diced onion.
- Get 1 of large, diced garlic clove.
- Get 1 tablespoon of your favorite chili or taco seasoning.
- Use 1 cup of roasted red bell pepper, diced.
- Take 1 cup of to 1 jar of your favorite salsa.
- Take 1 can of low sodium garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed.
Instructions to make Tasty Taco Lentils:
- Simmer the diced onion in olive oil in the pot/pan you will use to cook the lentils. When onions are nearly translucent, add diced garlic and cook another minute..
- Add lentils and seasoning to onion-garlic mix stirring for 1 minute or until well combined..
- Pour in broth/water and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to simmer for 12-15 minutes or until lentils are completely soft..
- Add garbanzo beans, bell pepper, and salsa (unless your children or others might not appreciate the level of heat in your favorite salsa. In this case, let each person add salsa to their own serving.).
- Serve with any myriad of toppings and sides! Cottage or shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, diced tomatoes, green onions, black olives, shredded carrots, shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, etc. are good choices..
If you find this Tasty Taco Lentils recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.