Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Energy.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. If we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel better than eating a slice of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult if it is snack time. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and meticulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread together with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be great for quick snacks to eat on the go. Whole grains are always better than refined grains present in white bread.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to italian lentil soup with hot sausage and escarole recipe. To cook italian lentil soup with hot sausage and escarole you need 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole:
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Use 1 large of onion, chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 1/2 lb of ground pork.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Italian red pepper flakes.
- Provide 1 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 1 can of 28oz. whole peeled tomatoes in tomato juice.
- You need 5 large of potatoes, diced.
- Provide 1 lb of lentils, rinsed.
- Use 10 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Provolone cheese, grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of pecorino Romano cheese, grated.
- Provide 1 bunch of escarole, torn up.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of ditalini.
Instructions to make Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole:
- Heat the oil with the onions and salt on low heat in an 8qt pressure cooker..
- After a few minutes, toss in the garlic, and heat until the onions start to soften.
- Toss in the pork with the red pepper flakes, granulated garlic, and fennel seeds..
- When the onions are very translucent, and the pork is cooked through, add the can of tomatoes. Turn the heat up to medium high, and stir frequently, ensuring there is enough liquid on the bottom to keep everything from sticking..
- When the tomatoes are really soft from cooking, mash them up into itty bitty blobs, stir, taste, and adjust this base as needed..
- Add the potatoes and lentils and stir..
- Fill the pressure cooker up with the water to a bit over 2/3 of the pot, seal, turn the heat to high, and bring to pressure..
- Keep it at pressure 10 minutes, remove from heat, and then, 10 minutes later, cool the pot to unseal..
- Stir to break up the lentils a bit, and then add the Provolone and Romano cheeses. Stir again, taste, and adjust the salt, red pepper, and fennel, as desired..
- Return the open pot to low heat and add the escarole. Stir it a bit to incorporate..
- In a separate saucepan, boil the ditalini with a dash of salt until al dente..
- Strain the ditalini and incorporate it into the soup. Stir, taste, adjust as needed, and serve..
If you find this Italian Lentil Soup with Hot Sausage and Escarole recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.