Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkish lentil soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Turkish lentil soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already think that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to turkish lentil soup recipe. To make turkish lentil soup you only need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Turkish lentil soup:
- Get 1 medium of onion.
- Use 1 large of potato.
- Use 1 of carrot.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 tbsp of salcha.
- Use 150 grams of red lentils.
- Get 1 of beef stock cube.
- You need 1 of seasoning black pepper and salt to your taste.
- Get 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of enough hot water to cover.
- Use 1 of if you dont have salcha which is pepper paste just use tomato paste and add a small bit more chilli.
Instructions to make Turkish lentil soup:
- in a pot place add the oil then chopped onion. at a medium heat sautee them and add salcha chopped carrots and chopped potatoes and cook for another 2 minutes. add the washed and drained red lentils, seasoning and hot water and stock cube. stir well. cook on a low heat for 30-45 minutes..
- at the end add pepper and chilli flakes and butter and mix in..
- take pot off the heat and blend with a soup blender until smooth..
- my husband squeezes lemon over it when eating i personally dont but add if its to your taste. ENJOY.
Lentil soup is a soup based on lentils; it may be vegetarian or include meat, and may use brown, red, yellow or black lentils, with or without the husk. Dehulled yellow and red lentils disintegrate in cooking, making a thick soup. It is a staple food throughout Europe and the Middle East. Our Turkish red lentil soup recipe is a favourite for us. Red – and green – lentils are a staple of most Turkish kitchens and, since living in Turkey, our kitchen has been no different.
If you find this Turkish lentil soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.