Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One healthy substitute that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil chowder recipe. You can cook lentil chowder using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil Chowder:
- Get 2 cup of red lentils.
- Take 4 cup of vegetable broth.
- Get 1 bunch of collard greens.
- Provide 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Get 3 each of potatoes, small cubes.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic, minced.
Instructions to make Lentil Chowder:
- Bring lentils to boil in broth for 5 minutes..
- Turn heat down and simmer 15 minutes..
- Add potatoes and continue simmering for 12-15 min stirring occasionally until potatoes and lentils are just about finished..
- add minced garlic and chopped collard greens, and simmer for about 5-8 more minutes unitl greens are cooked..
- add salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Lentil Chowder recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.