Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Fluffy Hot Cross Buns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fluffy Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fluffy Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Be wise when you do your grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and eat something good. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. This way—even if you decide on something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your health levels. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fluffy hot cross buns recipe. You can cook fluffy hot cross buns using 24 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fluffy Hot Cross Buns:
- Get of A. Tangzhong (10% Hydration).
- Provide of bread flour.
- Provide of water.
- You need of B. Dough.
- Prepare of water.
- You need of egg – lightly beaten.
- You need of corn oil.
- Provide of salt.
- Provide of sugar.
- Take of bread flour.
- Use of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare of (Add 1 tsp nutmeg-opt).
- You need of milk powder.
- Provide of bread improver (optional).
- Prepare of INSTANT dried yeast.
- Use of C. Extra Ingredient (s).
- Use of chopped dried cranberries.
- Provide of Or Sultanas.
- Take of D. Topping / flour paste.
- Use of – 2 1/2 tbsp water.
- Prepare of plain flour.
- Provide of E. Glazing.
- You need of butter.
- Provide of honey.
Steps to make Fluffy Hot Cross Buns:
- Note: This recipe uses INSTANT dried yeast that does not need to be dissolved in water. For active dried yeast, mix it with water and sugar and leave to proof for 5-10 minutes before using..
- A. Tangzhong – Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking..
- B. Dough – Using a bread maker, place water and A (tangzhong) into the bread pan, followed by the rest of the ingredients in B in the exact order listed. Press ‘dough’ function. Add C (extra ingredients) once dough is formed (or depending on the bread maker instruction). Remove dough from bread pan once bread maker beeps and stops. Proceed to step 5..
- If using a stand mixer, the same order applied and knead until dough reaches ‘window pane’ or stretchable. Cover bowl with a greased cling film and place in a warm place to rise or double in size. Depending on temperature in the house, the rising time varies from 45 mins to 1 1/2 hours. Proceed to step 5..
- After the first rise, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch dough down. Dough is slightly sticky. Divide dough into 18 equal portions, each weighing around 69g-70g. Very lightly, shape each into a ball. Place balls onto a greased baking tin, about 1-2 cm apart. Cover with greased cling film. Set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until buns double in size. Preheat oven to 160°C – 170°C..
- D. Topping/Flour paste – Mix water and flour in a bowl. Mix well into a thick paste that is not too thin or way too thick. Spoon into a piping bag or a small plastic bag. Snip off a corner and pipe flour paste over tops of the buns to form lines. Bake buns for 15-20 minutes or until buns turn lightly brown and hollow when tapped. Remove from the oven and immediately brush tops of the buns with E. Next, transfer buns to a cooling rack right away and leave to cool before storing..
- Serve buns with sliced salted butter. Microwave before serving for a warmer buns..
- E. Glazing – Melt butter and honey in a microwave starting with 5 seconds. Microwave for another 5 seconds if needed. Mix well. Brush glaze over warm hot cross buns. Note: Any jam or just melted butter can also be used for glazing..
How to make soft Fluffy Hot Cross Buns. Prepare the dough by mixing the wet ingredients together with the dry ingredients. The resulting dough will be slightly wet. You can make homemade hot cross buns with any type of yeast – rapid rise, instant or dried. Buns will not be as soft and fluffy if you don't need the dough enough.
If you find this Fluffy Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.