Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Cash.
Remember when the only men and women who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the industry experts, to clean up the natural environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This must happen soon and living in methods more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Keep reading for some ways to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, baking food in the microwave instead of in the oven will save you a packet of money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is greater by 75%, and maybe this small bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When it pertains to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save plenty of electricity and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You would be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. By cool drying or perhaps air drying the dishes besides heat drying them, you can add to the amount of money you save.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. It is quite uncomplicated to live green, of course. Mostly, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Get of (for buns).
- Provide of egg beaten.
- Get of cinnamon.
- Get of nutmeg.
- Take of ginger.
- Provide of salt.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Provide of unsalted butter, melted.
- Prepare of + 3 Tbsp (225ml) warm milk.
- Get of instant dry yeast.
- Provide of flour.
- Get of raisins, soaked in hot water.
- You need of (for cross dough).
- Prepare of flour.
- Take of sugar.
- Provide of water.
- Prepare of (for dorure: optional).
- Take of egg beaten.
- You need of salt.
- Use of (for syrup: optional).
- You need of sugar.
- Use of hot water.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Place first 9 ingredients (from the egg to instant dry yeast) in a mixing bowl and combine well. Warm milk, about body temperature works well, but not too hot..
- Add flour into the bowl in several batches and mix the dough just until it comes together..
- Put the dough into a plastic bag and knead until it becomes smooth and glossy, about 4-5 mins..
- Drain the water from raisins and add into the bag. Knead until they are spread evenly in the dough..
- Let the dough rise in a warm place until it comes twice as big, about 1 hour. I used my heating pad under the bag!.
- Devide the dough into 12 even pieces and make balls. Put them on your baking tray and let them rise another 1 hour until they become twice as big again. I covered them with plastic wrap to keep them from drying out..
- While you are waiting, make the dough for the crosses and dorure. Place flour, sugar and water in a mixing bowl and combine well until it becomes smooth. Put it into a small plastic bag..
- Place egg and salt in a small bowl, mix well and strain..
- Preheart your oven to 350°F/175 ℃..
- When your buns have risen, make the crosses on them. Cut a corner of the small bag, and squeeze the dough on the buns..
- Brush the dorure on the buns and put them in your oven. Bake for 20 mins..
- While you are baking the buns, make the syrup. Place sugar and hot water in a small bowl, and microwave 1 min..
- When the buns are done, brush on the syrup while they are still hot. Let them dry..
- Serve warm. Enjoy just by themselves, or with butter, preserves, coffee, milk tea, or whatever you like :).
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.