Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect New Mexican Posole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to New Mexican Posole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we must avoid them. Often, if the comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this is very true. Otherwise, comfort foods can be very nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, can better your mood. When you feel a little down and need an emotional boost, try a few of these.
Grains can be excellent for overcoming a bad mood. Millet, quinoa, barley, etc are fantastic at helping you feel better. These foods fill you up better and that can help you with your moods too. Feeling famished can actually make you feel awful! The reason these grains are so great for your mood is that they are not hard for your body to digest and process. You digest these foods quicker than other things which can help increase your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel happier, mood wise.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Try a couple of of these hints instead.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to new mexican posole recipe. To cook new mexican posole you need 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make New Mexican Posole:
- Provide of for the posole:.
- You need 1 lb of dried hominy.
- Use 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 of beef bouillon cubes.
- You need 1 pack (1/4 oz) of unflavored gelatin.
- You need 2-3 lb of pork shoulder (cut into 2 inch cubes).
- Use 1 tbsp of oil.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Get 1 of onion (peeled, halved).
- Use 2 of whole cloves.
- Provide 4 cloves of garlic (minced).
- Provide 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Use of Salt.
- Take of Water.
- Use of for the red chile:.
- Prepare 3 oz of dried red chile (about 10 chile pods).
- Provide 2 cloves of garlic.
- Take 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1 of small onion (diced).
- Take 1 of avocado (diced).
- Get of cilantro (minced).
Instructions to make New Mexican Posole:
- Soak the hominy in salted water overnight.
- Prepare the red chile sauce by first deseeding the chile pods. Tear them into strips and place them in a sauce pot over medium to toast the chiles. When the chiles start to smell toasted (but before they start to smoke), add 2 cups of chicken stock, cumin, black pepper and garlic. simmer until the chiles are soft (~15 min).
- Place the chiles and their liquid in a blender, add soy sauce and blend until smooth. thin with extra water to the desired saucy consistency. this can be made a day in advance and refrigerated..
- Place the soaked hominy in a slow cooker, and add 2 cups of chicken broth and the beef bouillon. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Add the cumin, bay leaf, and garlic. Finally stud each onion halve with a clove and place in the slow cooker..
- Salt and pepper the pork shoulder chunks. Then brown them in batches over high heat. Don't worry about getting them browned all over, just place them in the pan and don't move them until they get a nice browned layer on the bottom. Add the browned pieces to the slow cooker as they brown..
- Deglaze the pan with a little water (or if you have wine laying around). Add the deglazed pan juices to the slow cooker..
- Add just enough water to cover the hominy and pork..
- Cook on high for 5 hours..
- Turn the slow cooker to low and season with salt. Taste for proper seasoning. Continue to cook on low until the hominy "blooms," about another 2 hours. It should look a little like the kernels have split or popped like popcorn. Remove the large onion pieces (with the cloves), and the bay leaf..
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with reheated red chile, and garnish with diced onions, avocados, and cilantro..
DIRECTIONS Combine all the ingredients, except the salt and hominy in a pot. If the mixture becomes too dry while cooking, add more water. New Mexican Posolé made with pork roast, hominy, chile sauce, and a rich and flavorful chicken broth is a delicious Instant Pot or Slow Cooker soup. This is a spicy, hearty, filling stew filled with fiber and protein that tastes great and will make you feel fantastic. Lightly rub a pork tenderloin or pork shoulder with olive or avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and New Mexican Red Chile powder.
If you find this New Mexican Posole recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.