Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Crockpot Posole Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Crockpot Posole Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crockpot Posole Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Boost Your Mood.
Mostly, people have been taught to believe that “comfort” foods are bad for the body and have to be avoided. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. Some foods really do raise your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Grains can be good for overcoming a terrible mood. Quinoa, millet, teff and barley are all truly wonderful for helping raise your happiness levels. They fill you up better and that can help elevate your moods too. Feeling starved can actually make you feel terrible! The reason these grains elevate your mood is that they are not difficult for your stomach to digest. These foods are easier to digest than others which helps promote a rise in your blood sugar which in turn brings up your mood to a happier place.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you so you can feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to crockpot posole soup recipe. To make crockpot posole soup you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crockpot Posole Soup:
- You need 2 lb of Beef Chuck Roast.
- Provide 5 cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 of Ancho Chiles (Seeds and Stems Removed) Can be found dehydrated and packaged this is what I used..
- Get 1 1/2 of Onion (Medium Sized; 1/2in Diced).
- You need 3 1/2 of Garlic Cloves (Good Sized).
- Get 2 tsp of Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Cumin.
- Get 1 tsp of Mexican Oregano.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Black Pepper.
- Provide 29 oz of Canned Yellow Hominy; Drained.
- Get 15 oz of Canned White Hominy; Drained.
- Prepare 1 can of Small Salsa Verde (Green Sauce).
- Provide 3 of Avocados.
- Use 1 head of Cabbage.
- Use 1 bunch of Radishes.
- Get 3 slice of Lemons (Wedge Sliced).
Instructions to make Crockpot Posole Soup:
- Add Water (Add a little extra if needed) and Beef Roast to the slow cooker, Cover on high for 3 hours..
- At the end of 3 hours, take out the Roast and add the salt, Mexican oregano, cumin, black pepper, Salsa Verde, ancho chiles, garlic,and onion to the water..
- Turn the slow cooker to low, cover, and continue to simmer on low for 3 more hours..
- Meanwhile, when the Roast is cool enough to handle, chop it up into regular-sized pieces and reserve it to add back to the soup later..
- After the 3 hours on low have elapsed, fish the chiles out of the broth and add them to a blender with a 1/2 cup of broth from the crock pot..
- Blend until smooth (about a minute or so) and add back to the crock, along with the Roast Meat..
- Lastly, Dump in your cans of hominy, season to taste (I added Garlic Salt to taste), cover, and let it all warm up another 20-30 minutes before serving. (Or until preferred heat temperature).
- For Garnish; Cut up the Avocados into long slices, Cabbage, and Radishes and put whatever you like on your soup bowl, Then top with a squeezed wedge of lemon juice. Enjoy! :).
And then the end result, seven hours later. This is definitely a soup that will be added into our winter crockpot meal rotation. The robust stew includes meltingly tender shredded pork along with hominy and onions that are gently coaxed to sweetness. If you're lucky enough to have some leftover posole, goodness gracious, the options are endless. Red posole (pozole) soup, a traditional Mexican stew, is a classic comfort food recipe made with dried chilis, pork, and hominy.
If you find this Crockpot Posole Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.