Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Hot Cross Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Cash.
Until fairly recently any person who expressed concern about the destruction of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to resolve the problems of the environment. These kinds of changes need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of energy is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not operating efficiently. If you might be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with types from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less energy. The proper temperature for food is 37F inside the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use a lesser amount of electricity. You can easily minimize how often the motor has to run by regularly cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, after all. Largely, all it requires is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Provide 12 cups of plain flour.
- You need 3 teaspoon of mixed spice.
- You need 500 g of butter/margarine.
- Prepare 1 of and half cup of caster sugar.
- Use 3 sachets of yeast mixed with 450 ml of water.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 300 ml of milk.
- Get 3 cups of raisins.
- Use of For cross topping.
- Get 6 tablespoon of plain flour.
- Use 3/4 cup of water.
Instructions to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Work flour, sugar,mixed spice and butter with hands,make a well centre of the mixture,add yeast,milk and beaten eggs.
- If you don't have electric mixer then knead the mixture surface for about 5 minutes,put mixture in a bowl and cover with cling wrap then let it stand for an hour,during that time it should be double size.
- Knead raisins in to raised dough,separate the dough into balls if you don't have the cutter for buns and put them into a baking tray,leaving a bit of room between each.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Cover the tray with cling wrap for them to rise again just for 30 minutes or put them into proover if you have.
- Then bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove them and for the crossing mix flour together with water using a piping bag shape out crosses.
- For them to be more glossy mix the flour and water and use a spray then take the back to the oven and bake for further 5 minutes and enjoy.
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.