Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also good for your skin. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe. You can have healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn:
- Use 2 of corn tortillas or 1 flour tortilla (organic preferred).
- Take 1 of serving of cod or another white fish (approximately 3 oz), defrosted if previously frozen.
- Get 1 of baby bok choy or half a regular bok choy or equivalent amount of cabbage, chopped.
- Get 1/2 of a red bell pepper.
- Use 1/2 cup of frozen corn.
- Get 1/2 tsp of sumac.
- Get of Spice rub mixture.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of cumin.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get Pinch of cayenne.
- Provide Pinch of coriander.
- Prepare of Olive oil (for greasing pan).
- Take of Chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo as a garnish (optional).
- Get of Cilantro as a garnish (optional).
Instructions to make Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn:
- Preheat oven to 450 F on broil. Spread corn on a silicone mat (make sure your mat is rated for 450 degrees). Set mat on tray on top shelf of oven. Broil for 10-12 minutes or to desired doneness. In my oven this takes 12 minutes but keep an eye on it..
- Chop bok choy (or cabbage) and red peppers. Add some water to a pan and turn on medium heat. Add veggies and lightly season with salt, paprika, and cumin. Saute until water has evaporated and veggies have reached desired doneness and caramelization. If water disappears before they’re done, add some more water or put a lid on the pan to finish cooking..
- After removing corn, set oven to bake at 425 F..
- Rinse and pat dry fish. Rub with spice mixture. Finally, coat both sides with sumac..
- Coat bottom of pan with a little olive oil and add fish. Bake for 6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness. It should flake easily at the thickest point, and the internal temperature should be 140 F..
- Plate and enjoy. Top with chopped tomatoes or pico de gallo..
Then combine the grilled fish with your favorite fixings (shredded cabbage, cilantro, tomatoes) and drizzle over the wonderful Don't see why not. I always keep plain, low fat Greek yogurt on hand but no sour cream. Grilled Fish Tacos extremely juicy and flavorful with quick mango salsa and any firm white fish like Grilled fish tacos… Show me a person who doesn't love tacos and we will check if he is a human. 🙂. Fish tacos typically are made with corn tortillas instead of flour, but you can also use small flour tortillas. Top these flavorful fish tacos with any of your favorite condiments: shredded lettuce or cabbage, chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, avocados or fresh cilantro.
If you find this Healthy low fat baked fish tacos with “grilled” corn recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.