Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this can be true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to consume. There are several foods that really can improve your moods when you eat them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional boost, test out a few of these.
Put together several trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etc are all terrific for helping to raise your mood. This is because these nuts are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” natural substance that dictates to your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more of this chemical in your brain, the better you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, in particular, are a fantastic protein food source.
As you can see, you don’t need to eat junk food or foods that are not good for you to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to low fat cheesy mexican squash (calabacitas con queso) recipe. You can cook low fat cheesy mexican squash (calabacitas con queso) using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso):
- Prepare 3 of Mexican Squash.
- You need 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of peeled baby carrots.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Take 2 cup of 2% mexican blend shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fat free cream cheese.
- Provide 1 dash of salt.
- Take 1 dash of pepper.
- Provide 1 tbsp of italian seasoning.
- Get 1 tsp of butter/ margarin/ butter substitute.
Instructions to make Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso):
- Preheat medium sized NON STICK skillet to medium heat..
- Chop Mexican squash in thin disks (like cutting a loaf of bread), or whatever bite-sized shape you preffer..
- Cut baby carrots in halfs or quarters..
- Mince onion..
- By this time your skillet must be hot. Place butter and all chopped ingredients, stirring untill they are well mixed..
- After stirring for about a minute (to ensure the butter lightly glazes all vegetables) you can cover your skillet to speed up the cooking time of vegetables..
- After about 5 minutes, drain corn and add to the skillet. Stir and cover for an additional 5 to 10 minutes..
- Make sure your vegetables are soft but not overcooked because they will loose essential vitamins and nutrients. You may add the rest of the engredients, starting with the cream cheese to make sure it melts faster..
- stir, cover, and continue to cook until cheese is completely melted and bubbling..
- Tip: Serve with white rice and tortilla chips..
In large saute pan place butter and heat to medium high until melted and hot. Add zucchini, squash, and corn and saute for two minutes until just warmed. Add green chiles and stir well. Calabacitas is a Mexican inspired side dish consisting traditionally of zucchini, squash, corn and cheese. This recipe adds chunks of sauteed onion along with fresh halved grape tomatoes.
If you find this Low Fat Cheesy Mexican Squash (Calabacitas con Queso) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.