Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mama's Sopa de Arroz (Mexican Rice) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mama's Sopa de Arroz (Mexican Rice) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a good effect on your health.
When it comes to sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins and fish such as salmon. You will find that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and other nutrients. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. So that you can limit your fat intake you ought to cut off any obvious fat before you prepare the meats.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mama's sopa de arroz (mexican rice) recipe. You can have mama's sopa de arroz (mexican rice) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mama's Sopa de Arroz (Mexican Rice):
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped white or yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of white rice.
- Get 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel 10 oz tomatoes (or other canned tomatoes with chilie.
- You need 1 clove of garlic minced or to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- You need 1 (12 g) of Knorr brand chicken flavor bouillon cube.
- Get 1 (4 g) of Knorr brand mini cube cilantro or a handfull of chopped fre.
- Provide of water.
Instructions to make Mama's Sopa de Arroz (Mexican Rice):
- In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, pour in the dry uncooked rice, cooking oil, onions, & garlic. Cook while stirring frequently..
- The rice will start to change to a more opaque white color & then begin to turn a golden brown in a few minutes. When much of the rice is golden & the onions are softened be ready to add the wet ingredients..
- The total amount of liquid needed is 3 cups. The canned Rotel tomatoes & their liquid are part of this measurement (about 1 1/2 cups). So pour the canned tomatoes into a measuring cup, water should be used for the remaining liquid needed for 3 total cups (about 1 1/2 cups)..
- Add tomatoes, water, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, chicken bouillon, & cilantro cube. (If using fresh cilantro add it just before serving.) Stir together, cover an bring to a rapid boil – boil for 9 minutes..
- Turn off the heat. Give one stir to the rice mixture. Some of the rice may be sticking to the bottom. Don't try to scrape it off it will detach later. Replace lid & allow the rice to rest for 15 minutes..
- Fluff with a fork. Any rice sticking to the bottom should now lift off. Serve..
- Side note: My mom swore that only Knorr brand bouillion would do – I think other brands & types may work just fine. I've also used chicken stock in lieu of both the water & bouillon. But this is my mom's recipe so you got it the way she liked it & taught me how to make it. :).
Recipes for sopa de arroz vary from state to state, and even from family to family. Today I'm sharing my recipe for Mexican Rice, which I make at least once a week for my family. The very first recipe I learned to prepare was my grandmother's. Sopa de Arroz, or Mexican Rice is a staple in Mexican Cuisine. It is prepared a hundred differt ways but basically it remains the same.
If you find this Mama's Sopa de Arroz (Mexican Rice) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.