Homemade Paneer or Ricatto …. Indian Cheese.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, homemade paneer or ricatto …. indian cheese. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Homemade Paneer or Ricatto …. Indian Cheese is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Homemade Paneer or Ricatto …. Indian Cheese is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook homemade paneer or ricatto …. indian cheese using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Homemade Paneer or Ricatto …. Indian Cheese:
- Take 1/2 gallon of whole milk … the fat is what curdles.
- Prepare 2 cup of buttermilk …. this is VERY IMPORTANT!!!.
- Prepare 1/2 large of lemon.
- Take 1 dash of salt.
Steps to make Homemade Paneer or Ricatto …. Indian Cheese:
- this only makes about 2 cups of cheese…. I have left it kinda loose (ricatto) to use for filling in lasagna or ravioli… I use it firmer (paneer) for Indian food….
- put the milk in a large saucepan…. turn up to med/high…. allow to get very warm… almost boiling… it will get foamy around the edges. stir gently, just to keep milk from sticking to the bottom….
- when it starts foaming add BUTTERMILK….. IF YOU DON'T HAVE BUTTERMILK….,you can add to it 1 cup of heavy cream, but add the juice of 2 freshly squeezed lemons. don't use pre-squeezed lemon products. it doesn't set as well with those products…..
- turn flame down to medium…..
- turn off fire after 5 min and let sit for 15 minutes ….. the cheese will continue to curdle….
- wet cheese cloth lay 2 layers inside of s colander. wet cheese cloth and ring out well..
- pour curds into colander and allow to drain for 15-20 minutes…. gather up corners of cheese cloth and twist…. if u want ricatto this is the point where u store it. add salt…..
- PANEER: after you twist and remove as much liquid by hand. turn your colander upside down place bundle on bottom … place a plate on top with several large cans… let sit for 1 hr… it will become firm like paneer…..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food homemade paneer or ricatto …. indian cheese recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!