Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beef pares. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Pares is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Beef Pares is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook beef pares using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Pares:
- Make ready 1/2 kg of beef cut into 1 cm cubes (brisket, flank, or short rib).
- Make ready 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of thumb ginger, sliced thin.
- Take 1 of star anise.
- Get 1 tbsp of peppercorns.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 tsp of five spice powder or one more star anise.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of white vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of shaoxing wine (optional).
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of corn starch or flour.
Steps to make Beef Pares:
- In a cooking pot, cover the beef with water, and bring to a boil for five to ten minutes or until the meat is no longer red. Rinse the beef and the pot to remove all of the scum..
- Add enough water back into the pot to cover the meat, and mix in the garlic, onion, ginger, star anise, peppercorns, bay leaf, five-spice powder, soy sauce, vinegar, and shaoxing wine (if using). Bring to a boil under medium heat. Mix in sugar. Reduce heat to low, and simmer gently until the meat is tender, roughly two hours..
- When the onions have become transparent, taste the broth, and add in salt until the desired level of saltiness is achieved..
- When the meat is tender, dissolve the corn starch or flour in 2 tbsp. of water. Stir into the broth, bring to a boil, and then return to a simmer until the broth thickens slightly, about five minutes..
- To serve, take 1 cup of rice (garlic fried rice is usual, but plain steamed rice will do) and place several pieces of beef on top. Drizzle generously with broth, and garnish with toasted garlic and scallions. Usual condiments that go with this are soy sauce with calamansi (toyomansi), and chilli garlic paste..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food beef pares recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!