Moroccan Beef Stew.
Hey everyone, it is me, Dave, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, moroccan beef stew. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Moroccan Beef Stew is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. Moroccan Beef Stew is something which I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook moroccan beef stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Moroccan Beef Stew:
- Take 2 lbs of beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick on the bias.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take 1 of red or orange bell pepper, chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of Spanish paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Take 1 of heap tsp beef stock paste.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of honey.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted.
- Take 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- Get 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
- Make ready of Zest from 1 lemon.
Steps to make Moroccan Beef Stew:
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper and fry them in the pot until they're well-browned. Remove any excess oil and fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the meat. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Let simmer for 2 hours, skimming the surface regularly to remove any scum. Add extra water as needed..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large, deep pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and fry 1 minute more. Stir in the spices and continue frying 1 minute..
- Pull the beef cubes from their pot and stir 3 cups of the braising liquid as well as the stock paste and honey into the pan of spiced veggies. Add the olives and raisins and bring to a simmer. Let cook 5 minutes, then add the beef, cilantro and half the lemon zest. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to warm the meat through. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top when serving..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food moroccan beef stew recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!