Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Masala Dosa recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Masala Dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masala Dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masala dosa recipe. To make masala dosa you need 26 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Masala Dosa:
- Use of Dosa stuffing (palya).
- You need 1 of onion.
- Get 4-7 of small/medium potato (mashed and boiled).
- Take 1 inch of ginger.
- Provide 2 tsp of raw mango (optional).
- Use of Green peas (optional).
- Get 2-3 tsp of lemon syrup.
- Use leaves of Curry.
- Use leaves of Coriander.
- You need 3 of green chilli.
- Use 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- Take 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of Hing.
- You need 0.5 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Use of Sugar.
- Get of Oil.
- Provide of Ghee.
- Get of Dosa batter.
- Provide 3 cups of Dosa Rice.
- Use 1 cup of Urrad dal.
- Get 3 tbsp of puffed rice.
- Get 1 tsp of Channa dal (kadalebele).
- Use 1 tsp of methi seeds.
Steps to make Masala Dosa:
- To prepare dosa batter, soak Dosa rice + urrad dal + puffed rice + methi seeds + Channa dal(kadalebele) in water for 10 hours. Later grind it smooth and let it be in a warm place for 8 hours and place it in a fridge. Just before dosa preparation get the batter out before 1 hour and add salt and tbsp of sugar.
- Now for masala preparation: Take 3-4 tsp oil in a pan + mustard seeds+ urrad dal + Channa dal+ cumin seeds. Once it splutters add curry leaves + hing + ginger + turmeric powder + chilli. Sauté for a while.
- Now add chopped onions + raw mango to the same pan and sauté for 10 minutes..
- Now add mashed and boiled potato to the same pan. Add salt (1 tsp)+ sugar(1 tsp) + water(if required) and sauté in low flame for awhile..
- Cook until potato absorbs the flavors. Now add lemon + coriander leaves and mix well..
- Now to prepare dosa: take 0.25 tsp of ghee and spread over dosa pan. Pour dosa batter in the pan and add 2 tsp masala prepared (spread it in middle). Cook on both the sides..
- Serve hot masala dosa with chutney..
Mysore Masala Dosa Recipe with step by step photos. Mysore dosa is crisp and soft dosa spiced with red chutney and served with a potato dish, along with coconut chutney. Ingredients in Masala Dosa Recipe: Masala dosa is a stuffed dosa recipe. Lightly cooked potatoes with onions, spices, curry leaves and mustard seeds, wrapped in a crisp rice and lentil crepe. Kerala Masala Dosa is one of the healthiest breakfast from South India.
If you find this Masala Dosa recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.