[Simmered Pork Belly Cubes] Tender Red Meat.
Hey everyone, it’s Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, [simmered pork belly cubes] tender red meat. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
[Simmered Pork Belly Cubes] Tender Red Meat is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. [Simmered Pork Belly Cubes] Tender Red Meat is something that I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook [simmered pork belly cubes] tender red meat using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make [Simmered Pork Belly Cubes] Tender Red Meat:
- Prepare 2 of Pork belly (block).
- Make ready 50 grams of Sliced ginger.
- Take 2 of Green part of Japanese leeks.
- Make ready 1 of Water.
- Get of For the sauce.
- Get 600 ml of ●Water.
- Prepare 50 ml of ●Sake.
- Take 50 ml of ●Hon-Mirin (real mirin).
- Take 4 tbsp of ●White sugar.
- Make ready 4 tbsp of ○Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ○Japanese dashi powder.
Steps to make [Simmered Pork Belly Cubes] Tender Red Meat:
- Use the meat without slicing. Heat vegetable oil in a pan, and sear the meat..
- Add meat, leek, and ginger in a pot, pour plenty of water, then turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil, and turn down the heat to low. Cover with an otoshibuta drop lid, or a piece of aluminium foil or kitchen parchment paper with several holes. Simmer for 2 hours..
- ○Skim off the scum. ○Make sure there is enough water to cover the meat. When the amount of water gets low, add more. ○Flip the meat half way through..
- [Tips] Turn off the heat, and cover with a lid. Let it sit overnight so that the flavour is reabsorbed by the meat. When you don't have time, let it sit for 3~4 hours to cool..
- Remove the meat, and cut into bite-size pieces. Transfer to an appropriately sized pot..
- [Tips] Add water, sake, and mirin, then turn up the heat to high. Bring to a boil, turn down the heat to low, and add sugar. Simmer for 10 minutes with the otoshibuta..
- A sugar molecule is larger than soy sauce molecule or a dashi powder molecule. Therefore, adding the sugar first makes the dish absorb the sweetness better..
- Add soy sauce and dashi powder, and simmer for 1 ~ 2 hours with the otoshibuta..
- When the meat sticks out from the sauce, and the color is shiny, turn off the heat..
- [Tips] Cover with the lid, and let it sit overnight to absorb the flavour. When you don't have time, let it sit for 2 ~ 3 hours to cool. Done..
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food [simmered pork belly cubes] tender red meat recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!