Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, beef kare-kare. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beef Kare-Kare is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Beef Kare-Kare is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have beef kare-kare using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beef Kare-Kare:
- Get 1 of kilo beef cut into cubes.
- Take 100 g of Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut.
- Prepare 100 g of yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long.
- Make ready 4 of eggplants sliced/cut.
- Take 3 cups of water.
- Get 1 cup of ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Get 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- Get 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Cooking oil.
- Make ready of Shrimp paste/bagoong.
- Take of Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour.
Instructions to make Beef Kare-Kare:
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens..
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables..
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side..
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food beef kare-kare recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!