Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
We are very mindful that consuming healthy meals can help us truly feel better within our bodies. If we eat more healthy meals and a smaller amount of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between goodies. You can spend hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Consider eating almonds if you do not have problems with nut allergies. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer you many health benefits. Almonds are a natural source of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, contain the enzyme tryptophan which may often make you sleepy. However, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts unwind the muscles and supply a general sense of comfort. Your emotional condition can often be lifted simply by eating almonds.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite simple.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to biko (filipino rice cake) recipe. You can have biko (filipino rice cake) using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Take 4 cups of Glutinous rice.
- You need 3 cans (14 oz) of Coconut milk.
- Use 2 1/2 cups of dark Brown sugar,packed.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Fine salt.
Steps to make Biko (Filipino Rice Cake):
- Place rice in a large bowl. Soak with cool water overnight..
- Rinse and drain rice. Set aside..
- Reserve 3/4 cup of coconut milk. Pour the remaininh coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups of water in a large sauce pan. Cook in medium heat until it simmers..
- Add drained rice into the simmering mixture. Stir often making sure rice does not burn along the sides of the pan. Continue to cook over medium heat until rice soaks up most of the liquid..
- Reduce heat and add 1 1/2 cups of brown sugar and salt to the rice mixture. Continue to cook, stirring often. Taste a small amount of rice to check if it is cooked through.The mixture should be thick and sticky at this point..
- Transfer cooked rice mixture into a baking pan generously buttered, spread to an even layer..
- In a small sauce pot, combine the reserved coconut milk and the remaining 1 cup of brown sugar. Bring to a boil until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and allow it to cool slighty before gently pouring over the rice mixture..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for an hour until brown sugar topping has thickened and is bubbling..
- Allow to cool before serving..
If you find this Biko (Filipino Rice Cake) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.