Healthy cooking with millets (Bajra). Millets, is one of the healthiest ingredients for babies and adults to include in their diet and it is also one of the most versatile ingredients to cook with. This is the most commonly found millet in India and is known as Bajra. See more ideas about Cooking, Millet recipes, Millet.
They are great as a snack or as main with a curry. And this Pearl Millet (Bajra) Stuffed Sweet Potatoes were a big hit. Do try this recipe at home today.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, healthy cooking with millets (bajra). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Healthy cooking with millets (Bajra) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look wonderful. Healthy cooking with millets (Bajra) is something which I have loved my entire life.
Millets, is one of the healthiest ingredients for babies and adults to include in their diet and it is also one of the most versatile ingredients to cook with. This is the most commonly found millet in India and is known as Bajra. See more ideas about Cooking, Millet recipes, Millet.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have healthy cooking with millets (bajra) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy cooking with millets (Bajra):
- Get 1 cup of bajra (pearl millet.
- Get 1/2 cup of wheat flour.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of ajwain (carom seeds).
- Make ready 1 tsp of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- Take 1 tsp of Kasuri methi.
- Get As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 spoon of oil.
- Prepare As required of Water for kneading.
- Make ready As required of Oil for frying.
A super healthy pearl millet recipe combining it with mung dal to make a khichdi – naturally gluten free and suitable for diabetics too. Pearl Millet or whole bajra is an excellent whole grain to stock up in the kitchen. A lot of cooks get discouraged by the very long cooking time, labelling it difficult to cook. Bajra is a hard to touch millet and needs a lot of soaking before cooking.
Steps to make Healthy cooking with millets (Bajra):
- Take a bowl add bajra and wheat flour and add salt according to taste, turmeric, chilli flakes, sesame seeds, ajwain, Kasuri methi, mix all and now add 3 spoons oil..
- And slowly add water. And knead the dough, once the dough is kneaded apply 1 spoon oil..
- Now take dough divided into 2 and roll like a chapati and give your desired shape I gave diamond shape..
- Take kadhai add oil and preheat in medium -low flame. And fry in medium -low flame..
It is a general belief that it is very tough to cook but with these simple tips, you Bajra is extremely helpful in controlling sudden blood sugar spikes, preventing chronic conditions and is a heart healthy food. Cook millets instead of rice once a week but make sure to check with a dietician if you have Take this Bajra khichdi, jowar khichdi or foxtail millet khichdi for instance. For healthier Chapatis, you can incorporate millet flour in wheat flour. You can have your own combinations too to make healthy rotis. Bajra (Pearl millet) is the most widely grown type of millet in India.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food healthy cooking with millets (bajra) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!